Thursday 30 December 2010

Adam Lambert - kindle 3 covers, kindle 3 case


Don't spend $80 on a new case and a colorful skin. Buy this one for 14.95 and invest in the 2 year warranty.



The napa leather on this case is nice and smooth. I was worried that the stitching would look cheap; but,it doesn't. It doesn't weigh my Kindle down, it doesn't feel bulky and fits nicely in my handbag. And what I really like is that the Kindle slides into a nice snug pocket which I like better than the four small peices of elastic that some of the other cases have because I don't fear it will slide out.



I was so excited when I got my kindle for Christmas that immediately logged onto to Amazon and purchased the lighted case and a cool skin; but, it didn't sit well with me. I mean that was half more than half the cost of the Kindle itself. So I returned it and purchased this one. And I'm so glad I did! (But hurry up, a week ago it was $12.95 so it may go up if more folks start to buy it)



Sorry for the lengthy review; but, as a customer I always read reviews and appreciate the details. I hope you can as well.

Happy New Year! splash SIGNATURE Leather Folio Case for Amazon Kindle 3 3G + Wi-Fi 3rd Generation, 6" Display - Latest Generation (BLACK)

Just bought my new Kindle 3.0 (loving it), and knew I needed a cover. Didn't particularly want to pay the extraordinarily high price for the Amazon version - although at some point I may buy the lighted one. What I like about it:



-Nice Soft Napa Leather, stitching is well done.

-Leather "holder" inside for the actual Kindle (don't know how to describe this - look at the pics) - but leaves openings for the buttons, etc. - I think this is different from Amazons, which uses some other system to hold the Kindle in place. The Kindle is as secure as it can be with this cover.

-Looks fairly elegant, which is surprising for the price.

-The price (really a bargain)



What I like not so much:



-Unlike the Amazon version(I believe), the left part of the cover doesn't fold all the way back flat. I may be wrong about the Amazon version as I haven't seen it in person.

-The leather tab that secures the case when closed kind of sticks out and is close to the right-handed page forward/backward button. It gets in the way, but you can fold it out of the way so it's against the back cover (again, this process is rather hard to describe - but it's not a big issue).

-The leather "ring" that the leather tab fits into to secure the cover is rather delicate/insubstantial - I think it's going to have to be treated carefully do it doesn't rip or break.



That's my take on it. I'm diggin' it right now and it looks like it will last a good long time.

This is the FOURTH case I've ordered for my Kindle 3. I really want a true high quality leather cover which I know is going to set me back some bucks, so in the meantime I've been looking for a case that doesn't look embarrassingly cheap. For the money, this is the most outstanding case I've seen (and two of the ones I've ordered and looked at were twice as expensive). It has a very high quality look and feel to it and doesn't have that awful smell that some cheap covers have. The stitching is very attractive. Additional colors would be nice.



I almost didn't find this cover. It must be in a weird search location (or was a few weeks ago). It happened to pop up when I looked at another cover. Amazon should get this cover right up front.



Another reviewer said the inside leather piece holding the Kindle in place is not exactly centered, and that's correct. And it would make sense that it's off a bit so that access to the 5 way controller is very clean. Access to the left side buttons is a bit awkward, but I don't use them very often so I'm willing to accept that tiny "flaw". For reading I expect absolutely no problem with any reading-related buttons. I am definitely going to keep this case. That's high praise from me. Trust the reviews on this case!

This is an excellent cover for the 3rd gen (latest) kindle.

I am a little over zealous when it comes to researching products before making a purchase, and looking for a Kindle case was no exception. At first I thought I'd just buy the Amazon version with built in light, but the price was a bit steep. After looking through dozens of other cases, I finally decided on this one, and am glad I did. For the price, it can't be beat.



Pros:



. The leather feels soft and looks nice.



. It's not too bulky, a size that feels nice in the hand for reading and carrying.



. Well made.



. Very good price



*though not advertised as such, you can flip the front cover back behind in a manner that allows you to prop the kindle up in landscape mode for hands-free reading. The strap is stiff enough that it can support it (not sure that it'll work indefinitely though). Keep in mind, the case is not designed for this, and the kindle could slip out, so it should be positioned in a manner that won't cause problems should the kindle slip out (ie don't have it at the edge of a table where it could drop). Again, it's not designed for this and doesn't make any claims in this regard.





Cons: these are a little nit picky, but just in case it matters to you (no pun intended)...



. As another reviewer mentioned, the kindle doesn't align perfectly centered, but it's not a problem. The screen is completely visible, but you'll see more of the grey plastic of the kindle surrounding the screen on the right side than on the left, but just a couple milimeters - not at all a big deal. In fact, I believe it was intentionally designed this way, so as to allow as much room for pressing the right direction button (see below).



. It's a little tricky to press the right side of the 4-way direction button. Not enough to be a problem, as you can easily nudge the kindle for a better approach to the button, or learn to push the button from a different angle, but if that sort of thing could bother you, it's something worth knowing about.





Conclusion: this is an attractive, nicely sized, well-made case for the kindle. I have no regrets about purchasing it, and think anyone who purchases should be satisfied with it. I appreciate the manufacturer making a nice case that's reasonably priced, and will consider other Splash products based on my positive experience with this case.



The 4 star rating means I think it's an above average product, without considering the price.

Taking its price into consideration in comparison with other options out there, I'd give it 4.5 stars.





*** UPDATE *** Having used the cover for a little while now, I've noticed that the leather is fairly thin and cuts/scuffs fairly easily. Don't get me wrong, the case still looks good and protects the kindle well, but it's not as durable as a case with thicker leather. I'd still recommend it, but if you're pretty rough with it or keep it in a bag with sharp objects, the leather will likely tear and peel. Mine has started to peel off on the strap, where it tore from my thumbnail pressing against it. So, that's probably the biggest criticism I have for the case, thin and not very strong leather. Still the best value for the price, but not as impressive as I initially thought. - Kindle 3 Covers - Kindle 3 Case - Kindle Covers - Kindle 3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information