Friday 31 December 2010

Postpartum Support - maternity belt, postpartum support


I ordered this product after doing much research about abdominal binding after pregnancy. I am very petite and did not gain much excess weight (except a BIG stomach)and had concerns about my waistline after delivery. I ordedred the size small first and needed the extra small less than 2 weeks of wearing the small. I am 5 weeks ouut now and the x-small is no longer effective. I am pleased with the results however I still have some belly "pudging". I am sure that with some exercise and right eating I will lose the excess. Pros: Great for initial loss of post-partum abdominal swelling; Great back support (especially for c-section). Cons: It is possible to go through 3 sizes in 4 weeks which can be expensive; Shows underneath clothing. Belly Bandit-Original (S, Nude)

I noticed a difference when I wore this! I really think that it helped my belly go down faster. I gave it 3 stars because it's expensive and should be more adjustable. It is a little uncomfortable but it really is just a velcro girdle so that is expected. To help make it more comfortable, I wore it over a cami.



This one did the job but I would go with the latest version- I think it's called the BFF? The newer one is more adjustable and isn't just a straight wrap.

I got this bandit later than they recommended... about 4 weeks post pregnancy. I wish I would have had it sooner when I was dropping 10 & 15 lbs a week, But it still works. It holds everything up and together so my shirts look better on me, and I'm not so conscious of my tummy. As I lose more weight I can see my belly shrink and not sag. I'll probably wear it for much much longer since I wasn't able to get it as quickly as I would have liked. On the down side, it wrinkles from continuous wear, and those are hard to get out, even after washing. Also, results are not dramatic, they are minimal, so don't think this is the "fix" you need to eat right and exercise too!

I personally love this product. I used a regular ace-bandage kind of thing with my daughter and it was awkward and didn't give me the results I wanted. So far, this is week 2, I have seen a huge difference with the Belly Bandit. The thing I like the most is that it's easy to put and doesn't move around too terribly much like the bandage did. I'm already a lot smaller than I was at this point after my first pregnancy. I really would recommend it for anyone who wants to get back in shape quickly and doesn't want to have a pooch left over. Belly wrapping is a great way to feel secure after having a baby, plus it helps you look and feel better too.

I like this product, not love. Think I would have been better off with the bamboo one because I read it was softer. Definitely holds in my tummy, and I won't leave the house without it because I would feel too jiggly. I had a C-section, so my incision still hurts even 4 weeks later, so I feel I can only where this BandIt for 6 hours a day, not all day and night. It does crinkle slightly at bottom from sitting. Overall, I think I got what I paid for. - Postpartum - Maternity Belt - Postpartum Support - Pregnancy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information