Friday 31 December 2010

Kindle - kindle accessory, kindle 2 charger


An earlier travel charger for Kindle 2 sold by this vendor was unanimously condemned for not working. This version, though, works just fine. (Different manufacturer, I suppose.) Charges pretty quickly, too. Price can't be beat. White Rapid Home Travel Charger with IC Chip for Amazon Kindle 2 Wireless Rea...

I received this brand new white rapid home travel charger unit last Feb. 4. While in the USA, the unit worked (plugged in 110VAC/60Hz power outlet) twice used it. I am now in Asia (Feb. 11) where the power is 240VAC/50Hz. After plugging it in with my Kindle 2, it initially looked alright with red LED "on" (and yellow LED on Kindle "on"). Some time later, the unit popped open (not exactly sure how long after I plugged it as I left the Kindle 2 unit recharging in another room). The back cover blew-off and was found 10 inches away with black burn marks inside surface. A black transistor component part (labelled Q2 on circuit board) burst - surely a fire hazard and safety risk! Now it is not working (red LED "off", yellow LED light "off" in Kindle 2). Luckily my Kindle 2 is not damaged! This is definitely a poorly made product with inferior, sub-standard electronic parts, and the maker seems to have no quality control measures (no UL testing marks, etc. and no other consumer product safety testing certifications). DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP!

This is a piece of garbage that doesn't work. Kindle charging light never goes on, doesn't charge.



Now it's totally ridiculous that I have to spend $20 for replacement charger for the Kindle (shame on Amazon), but even worse that I spent money on this piece of cr*p.

Just received this charger and it does not function at all. It is possible that mine was simply defective, however, and not an accurate representation of the product. Be that as it may, I'm still forced to buy a different one.

I didn't actually order this product it was sent in error. I did order a car charger for my Kindle which came along with the cell phone charger that said car charger but it was not.Not a big deal except that I was told I would have to contact the vendor to get a refund! That irritated me since I had nothing to do with ordering it. I tried several times to get a response but the cell charger wasn't worth the effort. it was a very inexpensive cell phone charger so I chaulked it up to a loss. However, I will make sure I don't receive any extra items I didn't order the next time and If I do everything will go back.

It is a great Idea. But when I pluged it into my Kindle. It would not charge it. The light was on so I know it was getting power but the charging light on my Kindle would come on for about 30 seconds then turn off. It would not charge.

I bought this to keep at work as a back up to the OEM Kindle Charging cable. Since it's only a back up, I was looking to save a few bucks. I plugged it into my dead Kindle this morning to find it failed to charge.



I've since placed a rush order for and OEM cable to replace it, since I'm out of town for the next week. Saving a few bucks wound up costing me much more. - Kindle Accessory - Kindle 2 Charger - Kindle 2 Wall Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information