Thursday 30 December 2010

Samsung Laser Printer - samsung laser printer, ml-2510


The box came in the mail slightly opened. The cartridge comes in a bag. I tore the bag open and the toner dust immediately went all over my face, up my nose, in my clothes and hands. The cartridge was covered in toner dust.



The instructions that came with the toner explained that a tape like string must be pulled from the toner before using it. The string had been removed before the toner arrived.



I placed the cartridge in the printer and the printer did not recognize that the toner cartridge was inserted.I removed the toner cartridge and threw the toner out. There cartridge left toner residue in the printer itself. Compatible Samsung ML-2010D3 Toner Cartridge. NEW COMPATIBLE Samsung ML-2010D3 toner cartridge, black delivers up to 3,000 pages.

You take a huge risk when you insert this into your printer. I want to make it clear that this is NOT a Samsung product. I bought it without looking too closely at the detail -- the seller should make it more clear that this "compatible" word means NOT ORIGINAL. In fact, those words should be used, as when you put this junky Chinese stuff into your printer, it makes a horrible clunk -- there is powder spewing out of it into my machine, and a stripe shows up on every page. You know how most toner cartridges have an element that slides across the wire, cleaning it? This one doesn't have that. It is pure garbage.

This replacement toner cartridge is advertised as "compatible" with the original. Indeed, it works very well right out of the box, in the ML-2010 printer. The print seems somewhat darker than with the original, so I use the light setting in the printer options, to save on toner. Because of this (minor) difference I only gave the cartridge 4 stars rather than 5. A similar cartridge has been working for me in another printer for 6 months without fail.

After reading the reviews, I decided to take my chances since this option is so much cheaper than the original. After installing the toner, I printed a few test sheets and discovered the green drum that applies the toner to the paper was deeply scratched, which caused it to print the scratch marks repeatedly across all documents. Needing to print some time-sensitive documents and not wanting to drive to Kinko's, I decided to remove the drum from the old cartridge and install in the new one, which resolved the issue. It is not terribly difficult but is messy dealing with the toner. Remove the 4 screws on the ends of the cartridge, then the 2 screws on the top of the cartridge, which allows the top piece to be removed. This allows the two end caps to be removed at which point it becomes obvious how to remove the drum. Not a great option but better than sending it back and wasting the time for a return.

JUNK - DO NOT BUY from Datazaar - This product is NOT compatible with Samsung, and probably lacks correct CHIP; When my current cartridge was finished, I tried one of these 2 I had just bought from Databazaar, and did NOT work - when I tried later to get COMPATIBLE replacement from DataBazaar or refund, they refused because "30 days had passed" -How RIDICULOUS - people only use new cartridge when old one finished, and no normal consumer will open and "try" a new one until old one is finished. So DataBazaar is punishing consumers who plan ahead - if 30 days passes from Databazaar purchase, you are OUT OF LUCK with this company. My suggestion is buy from company with 1-year guarantee-warranty. I have now gone back to company I used for many years. Incidentally, Amazon did nothing but act as e-mail intermediary-- I don't know the value of A-to-Z. - Ml-2010 - Ml-2510 - Laser Printer - Samsung Laser Printer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information