Friday 31 December 2010

Electric Egg Cooker - electric egg cooker, egg poacher


I have never wanted an egg cooker. Thought it a waste of time. However, I am on the Atkins Plan for life and eating poached eggs. Hate to poach in a pan and experimenting with microwave egg cookers has been a disaster.This makes WONDERFUL poached eggs. Moist NOT rubbery , runny and just like I like them. The Plastic containers are easy to clean. Love Love Love this unit.I love Egg Salad. This hardboils my eggs and I don't have to watch it.Well worth the price! Try it. You'll like it. Scratch that: You'll LOVE it! Krups F2307051 Egg Cooker for boiled and poached eggs

This is a nice compact egg cooker that will hold 7 eggs for hard boiling. It's very simple to use, just add water according to the included measuring cup, poke holes in the eggs with the included poker (on the bottom of the measuring cup), and turn it on.



I had a Sunbeam egg cooker previously that recently died and I needed to replace it. This cooker is nice, but it doesn't have an automatic shut off like the Sunbeam. This means that you have to stay nearby to hear the beep. The Sunbeam had an automatic shut off and a light that went on when it was done cooking - which made it very easy to go do other things while cooking eggs. The Krupps has no signal light and no auto shut off. If you leave the room for a minute, you won't know if the eggs are done or not because other than the one beep, there is no way to tell, and the eggs will just keep cooking until they burst. To me, that is a major fault with this cooker. One of the main reasons to have an egg cooker is so you can pop the eggs in and go do other things, with this cooker, you have to be right there during the entire cooking time.

I was personally chided by a Wall Street Journal reporter for perhaps being one of many Americans who, in her mind, relied on appliances for simple tasks because they can't cook. Well, I can cook, but despite the fact that boiled eggs can be done in a pot costing $1.99, an egg cooker makes a lot of sense to me. I can get perfectly soft boiled eggs, the way I like them, or a rack of hard-boileds for lunch while I run around the kitchen doing other things than timing the eggs. An alarm tells you when the eggs are ready. There is a warm feature, but since that overcooks the eggs eventually, I don't use it.I will defy ridicule and say that this is the most-used appliance next to the electric teakettle in our kitchen, and yes, I DO know how to boil water.

One of my favorite ways to eat eggs has always been soft-boiled. Unfortunately I could never get them 'just right'. Now I have this egg cooker and they are perfect every time. Hard boiled eggs come out perfect as well. I do not like poached eggs, so I cannot comment on that function. Something to point out is that this machine is really very tiny (smaller than my 10-cup Krups coffee pot) so it moves easily in and out of a kitchen cabinet. It is very convenient in the morning to use this machine while getting ready for work. It is no fuss cooking! I highly recommend this cooker if you enjoy eggs.

After checking out all the egg cookers on Amazon, I ordered this nifty little cooker a few weeks ago to replace a different brand that had broken. I am so glad I selected the Krups!



I don't want something that looks like an egg or a chicken as other cookers do, nor did I want to spend a fortune. But I did want perfectly turned out eggs and the Krups does that plus more.



The cooker will make 7 hard or soft cooked eggs and includes two small holders to make soft or medium poached eggs. It comes with a cylinder that is marked with lines. You fill the cylinder with water according to how you want your eggs done and put the water in the base of the cooker. Place the eggs in the plastic egg container,top with the lid, turn it on and go relax while your eggs are cooking.



At under 8" by 7" the compact cooker doesn't take up much shelf space and is attractively designed. One of the features I like the most is the handle on the side of the cooker. When the timer goes off, you can pick up the handle and transport your eggs to the faucet and run cool water over them, without burning your hands. My last cooker did not have this feature and hot eggs are not fun to touch! The poached egg cups also get very warm. I use a dishcloth to lift them and slide them out with a spatula. It would be nice if they added a hook or lip to the cups to make it easier.



The cooker also has a keep warm feature. If you are not quite ready for your eggs flip the switch to keep warm and they will stay nice and yummy for your eating pleasure.



One suggestion I have for best results is to let your eggs sit out for a few minutes prior to cooking. If you cook them directly from the fridge they may not cook as well.



Every time I have made eggs with my Krups which is often they have been very tasty. I highly recommend the cooker and at under $20 it's a bargain.

If you are thinking of buying this item, don't worry, it works perfectly. Perfect eggs every time. My wife and I cook hard boiled eggs every morning to take to our offices and eat during our break, along with whole wheat toast. Before we purchased the Krups Egg Express Egg Cooker, it was such a hassle to boil water and time the eggs. Now they're perfect every time and we don't have to watch them while we get ready for work. And because the eggs are steamed intead of boiled, the shells seem to come off much more easily.Sometimes, if you use extra large eggs, you might have to add just a tiny bit more water than indicated by the measuring cup in order for the eggs to be solidly hard boiled. Or, you can just leave them sit in the unit for a extra minute or two after the buzzer goes off.We occasionally cook soft boiled eggs also, and when we do, they come out perfect.This unit is very small so it will not take up very much room in your kitchen and it is easy to clean but rarely does it need anything more than a quick rinse. - Egg Poacher - Electric Egg Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs - Easy Egg Cooker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information