Friday 31 December 2010

Bullet Pen - bullet pen, space pen


I'm a big fan of the Fisher Space Pen refills. I have them in most of my pens and I buy the refills by the dozen. One of my favorites is the Zebra F-701 stainless steel pen, slightly modified to perfectly use the Fisher refill. (I'll point you to the simple how-to for this if you ask). But I don't always have a convenient shirt pocket to clip my pen firmly in place. That's where this terrific pen comes into play. If I'm wearing a sweater or sweatshirt in winter or a t-shirt in summer without a pocket I just slip this into my pants pocket at I'm prepared to write on nearly any surface without fail. It is weighted toward the primer end and is surprisingly comfortable to write with.

It is heavy enough to stay in place without worries of it slipping out of my pocket and of course there is the novelty factor. It's simply fun to watch people's reaction when I pull a bullet out of my pocket and start to write with it. Just a caution here: I would not try to board a plane with this in my pocket. Flying is aggravating enough without trying to convince some TSA moron that the only way he could get hurt with this is if I threw it at his hollow head.

Also the normal rubbing contact with my fingers is enough to keep it nice and shiny I've had no need to polish it. The shell casing is a genuine H&H casing and is made from raw brass, it's not polished, but it is smooth and fairly shiny. This means I've no worries about loose change in my pocket dinging up the finish. Any tiny imperfections merely make it look more authentic.

I'm probably going to buy another in case I lose this one and I may give some for Christmas gifts this year, too. I could not recommend this pen more.

Additional note: the size of the pen as listed on the page is incorrect. Opened, with the cap in place on top, the pen is 4 3/8" long. Closed with the cap covering the writing tip, it is 4" long. It fits very comfortably in my pants pocket. Fisher Space Pen, .375 Bullet Space Pen (375)

All Fisher space pens I've owned have been very reliable.I dive for abalone on the California coast and by law your tags have to be filled out before getting back to shore ,if you are diving from a boat,so you need a pen thats going to write over a wet surface and they do.I always carry a pen in my pocket instead of loosing it out of a shirt pocket.The .375 is a bit large but it is very cool looking.I like it.

Jim

It's quite the conversation piece, intimidating yet fun to use. The only problem is when you put the writing side on the outside it might require a little extra effort to make it stay like that. The rubber piece doesn't keep it stable all the time.

But overall, I'm looking forward to using this for a long time to come!

This pen is really cool and well made. It fits in your pants pocket where it falls to the bottom, easy to find. It stands up on a table. It does come loose where it screws together, I try to check it and I could always put some locktite on the threads, no biggie. This is the nicest product I've bought in a long time!

This is so cool. Everything i expected. I use this pen at work everyday. It's a great conversation starter. Gets alot of attention. Everyone loves it. The most fun part is having someone ask for a pen, then handing them what appears to be ammo for an elephant gun. "This is a pen?" LOL. Best mass produced bullet pen that i have seen as of yet. Writes very smoothly. Five stars.

"T" shirts and most sport shirts have no breast pocket. Ordinary pens do not carry well in pants pockets and are prone to leak. This little pen, in addition to being a conversation piece, is very practical. It always writes, does not come apart and is easily deployed. I've sent several as gifts to the delight and amusement of my friends: and the price is right!

I have had rheumatoid arthritis (the inflammatory type) for over 30 years now, and it has done a lot of damage to my hands. I am a writer, and I need to be able to write by hand as well as by computer. I recently saw a detailed video series on AOL about handwriting, and it showed a position for holding the pen that particularly works for people with arthritis. I tried it, and it helped greatly.



Before, I had used an enlarged handgrip type of pen and pencil, and now I need one that is much smaller. And if I'm going to use ink, it needs to handle strange angles, because my grip may not be the angle most pens are used to. I've been using pencils with thick, soft lead, and that requires very frequent turning of the pencil, which means shifting my grip. Also frequently advancing the lead. Oy.



So I researched--a lot--and came up with the Fisher. I had tried a Fisher refill some time ago, but can't find it now and don't know which pen it fitted. I have a collection of pens and pencils. Now a whole bunch of them have dried up refills. Oy! The Fisher refill sounds good as an antidote to that.



Thanks to everyone who wrote reviews on Fisher pens! I found this one, read all your reviews, and thought it just might be good for me. And I ordered one.



Well, wow! I can write faster and better than I have for the last few years. Even though it doesn't have a clip, it doesn't roll off surfaces, just rolls rather slowly in a small circle. Fits in my pocket great. Allows me to keep one grip for a long time, and helps me write better. It's mentally better, too, because I can write faster.



Of course I need a back up! So I am here to order another. Sitting here with my trusty Fisher in my shirt pocket--snapped shut, 'cause I certainly don't want to lose it. Its weight is just right. I don't even feel it in my pocket, but it doesn't float around in there. It's a good friend!

Great product ..... If you want a pen that is tough you have to get this...



Good solid look and feel, it is actually rugged as a bullet.



Performance wise Fisher pens have never ceased to amaze me, it writes on all angles, upside -down, submerged under water too !! - Fisher Pen - Space Pen - Bullet Pen - Compact'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information