Friday 31 December 2010

Ceramic Flat Iron - flat iron, hair straightener


I have very fine, medium-thick hair that's wavy and all my life I have been struggling to get it to stay straight without frizzies. My hair is straight after blow drying and using a curling iron to smooth it out, but 20 minutes later my hair doesn't look as smooth anymore. I'd never tried a flat iron before but thought that since I was essentially using a large curling iron to smooth it down in the same manner, maybe a flat iron would be the way to go. Since I'd never had one before I came here and did some extensive research into what type to get. I knew that they could be very expensive and was willing to pay if it was worth it, but luckily came across this item. It was so cheap that I figured if it didn't work well, so be it, I wouldn't be broke because of it and I'd just go buy another. Well, there was no need to worry because this thing works great. My hair has never looked this good in my life. The first time I used it I went out and everyone was asking me, what did you do to your hair, it looks great. Even on a day when it's raining my hair stays straight. It used to be that even a hint of rain or humidity and my hair would start to fuzz up, but no more. And I'm finally getting used to it, where it was taking me what seemed forever to straighten all my hair I now have down to a science and it takes just minutes to do. If you're new to flat irons and thinking of getting one of those ultra expensive models, do yourself a favor and try this one first, you won't be sorry and you'll have saved yourself a ton of money. Oh, and my stylist says that Andis is a very good brand, they have been making professional dog and people grooming tools for a long, long time.Andis 67095 1-Inch Ceramic Clamp Flat Iron

This is the best straightener I've ever used--and you can't beat the price either! I have coarse hair that is part wavy, part curly and part straight and is also fairly frizzy. This works like a dream. My hair is so soft, smooth and shiny after I use it (no more waves or frizz). I started using it two weeks ago and every day someone new tells me how good my hair looks. Andis makes a much better straighener than Conair (my Conair was a piece of junk that didn't do anything for my hair). It's easy to use and the different heat settings are great.

This flat iron also makes great curls! I have long fine hair...and a ton of it. I always run into trouble with regular curling irons...it curls great, then falls within a few hours, even with a lot of product in my hair. I saw flat iron curls a few weeks ago and decided to try it myself. The Andis flat iron was the mid-priced one at a local store. My first attempt at making curls with this flat iron was a great success! It is so simple, and the curls are so full and bouncy...and they are staying in my hair...without product!! If you are looking for a different type of curl...go with this flat iron! I am very happy with this product!Andis 67095 1-Inch Ceramic Clamp Flat Iron

I was searching for a cheap flat iron to store at my boyfriend's house so that I would not have to transport my Solia 1 1/4'' Ceramic Tourmaline back and forth each weekend. I wanted a product that looked similar to my Solia since I was already accustomed to using it. I found this one and purchased it due to high reviews. It arrived the next day (bonus points), even though I received free shipping. At a price a little over $17, this item met all my expectations. Some reviewers on other sites have stated that this Andis is just as good if not better than a $100+ CHI, but I highly doubt that is so. When I opened the product from its plastic case, I could tell right away that the quality was not comparable to my Solia which was ~$85. So if you are able to spend the extra dollars, definitely go for a higher end iron, as it is much worth its price. Anyhoos, as for this specific product, it is able to go up to 375 degrees (as stated on its packaging). However, the heat dial on the iron is not in units of degrees, rather it is on some sort of scale from 0-20. First I set the dial to 15, but felt the heat radiating from it from a foot away, so I truned the dial down to 10. It heated up in about a minute. I have found that I could get my hair straight on the first go if I just went slowly with a small section of hair at a time. I had permed my hair into loose waves last Decemeber, and now that it's grown out a bit, I have found the curls to look a bit awkward and prefer to straighten it when I have the time. For reference, I have thick, Asian hair that is naturally pretty straight (but now chemically permed). I was able to straighten my hair in less than 10 minutes, taking care to straighten the bottom, middle, and top portions separately. I used VO5 Heat Defense spray to protect my hair and let it dry prior to ironing. However, I did not feel that my hair was as smooth or as shiny as when I used my Solia. A couple times while I was ironing with the Andis, I could feel the plates catching a couple hairs and pulling them out (ouch). While this product is a good purchase for $17, I am glad that I will only be using this only the weekends and not everyday. - Flat Iron - Hair Straightener - Andis - Hair Care'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information