Friday 31 December 2010

Soundbar


I had initially bought an LG sound bar and had experienced some things that I was not a big fan of (sound cutting out during quiet transitions). I bought this one because 1. it was Panasonic and would match my TV, and 2. it would use the ARC HDMI channel from my television and it would share the remote via Viera Link, 3. does not have the intrusive display that the LG had (always displayed input on a LED screen on the front). So far I am very happy, unlike the LG that was hooked up via optical the sound bar automatically turns on and off with my TV. I never have to change inputs on the sound bar because my TV is basically acting as a HDMI receiver. I will modify this review if my opinion changes, as far as sound quality and functionality goes. I will say that the sub is better than the one I had with the LG. Unlinke the other reviewer, I had no issues with the wireless subwoofer. Works great so far, and would definitely recommend. Panasonic SC-HTB520 2.1-Channel SoundBar Speaker System with Wireless Kelton Subwoofer

I'm from Spain and I've been following this soundbar from the presentation in January at the CES Las Vegas. I bought this soundbar for a month and I can only say that it is a great buy. I have a Sony 46HX800 and size of the sound bar is perfect for 46 inch and also share a similar design. I have no complaints about the subwoofer, works perfect. And with HDMI 1.4, you can control the sound with the TV remote with no problems. The dialogues sound very clear and the music is also very good. The DTS sound is incredible and the music in this format is impressive.

I looked around at many sound bars in the 250 to 400 price range. Many if not all were weak on sound or looked cheap. The Panasonic looks very "rich" and stylish while giving a very good sound. Dialogue is outstanding and man is there plenty of bass. If you have a Panasonic Tv this is the only way to go and it matches up with the look of the Tv perfect. all in all this is a best buy for 350 bucks!!!

I bought this after being greatly disappointed with the built in sound quality of my new Panasonic VIERA TC-P65GT30 65-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV. It makes all the difference in the world. Easy to unbox and set up. A single HDMI cable to my HMDI/ARC port on the TV takes care of sound for all attached devices inclluding a Blu-Ray player and the cable box - it all pipes through the TV and out to the sound system from the TV connection. I placed the wireless subwoofer behind the TV stand in a corner out of site - very nice. With the Panasonic Viera Link capability in my TV, DVD Player and this sound system, I can use either the TV Remote or the DVD remote to power the TV and sound system on and off automatically and control the volume.



This system comes with a small remote control but it's only needed if you want to adjust the subwoofer - otherwise, you can put it away (if you have other Panasonic devices like the TV) and use the remotes from them. The only issue was I tried to place the soundbar on the TV stand directly under the TV and it blocked the TV's remote control IR port. I then moved it down on the shelf underneath and my other devices were stacked high enough that their remotes work fine. Looks and works just fine there. It comes with brackets to mount it on the wall it appears although I did not use them. I instead used the other brackets which make it stand more firmly and not fall over.

I recently purchased a Panasonic Viera 50in. 3DTV and wanted simple, good sounding speaker. Instead of going with a 5 plus channel full theater window shattering system, I decided to go with a 2 channel soundbar. After looking at what was available I went with the Panasonic SC-HTB520. The SC-HTB520 does replace the Panasonic SC-HTB500, I am not sure what the differences are between the two, price? features, sound? Any how the set up is easy, I did have to use both the optical and HDMI connects. The subwoofer is wireless, and did link up right away. The subwoofer does need to be plugged into an 110v outlet to power it. The overall sound is very good. Although there is no custom sound control, even through the t.v. menu, it does have adjustable subwoofer level,for more or less "punch" and 3 levels of Dolby/surround and does seem to have enough power on its own to produce a decent "thunderous" floor shaking rumble without distorting. It is a 2 channel system. The price is right on with others while quality/looks does seem better than most.

I purchased this item on 07/28/2011 to improve the sound of my recently acquired (from Amazon.com) 47" Toshiba 3D LED-LCD TV. The internal TV speakers by themselves are inadequate. Both the soundbar and subwoofer work like a charm - what a difference in overall sound quality! The soundbar system also looks "great" and perfectly matches my television. Installation was "extremely" simple just a single HDMI cable is needed to make the connection between the speakers and the HDMI/ARC on the TV. Then plug the soundbar speakers and the wireless subwoofer into AC outlets and you're good to go. I did not need any of the provided mounting hardware for the soundbar since I have an already existing shelf (came with the house) directly above my television: I simply placed the soundbar on this shelf. The subwoofer stands about 6-7 feet to the left of the front of my TV (same wall) and it links up with the speakers/soundbar right away when turned on (visible green light). Although I do not have a Panasonic TV (and thus officially no Viera link), my Toshiba TV remote also does directly control the volume of the soundbar and the on/off functionality of the sound system, because it is recognized as a HDMI CEC compliant device by my television. I have no directly visible on-screen indication of the overall sound level/volume (30%, 50%, 70%, etc.), but then who really needs this anyway? Let your ears be your guide! Note that visible green lights do flash sequentially on top of the speakers whenever the volume is turned up or down. The only thing that I need the provided Panasonic remote for is to control the volume of the subwoofer which can be done independently of the soundbar itself.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information