Friday 31 December 2010

Greatest Thing Ever


I get a new one of these every year and they work great. They last more than a year, but the divider pockets get a little dingy so I treat myself to a new one when I buy my kids their back-to-school supplies. I carry it with me everywhere I go during my workday (3-5 miles a day). I call it my "handy-dandy notebook"! I actually put one of the pocket dividers on the OUTSIDE, in front of the cover, to hold my to-do list and other important papers. Having the pocket on the outside allows me to quickly jot down info and notes without opening the notebook (easier when I am standing).



If I am working in an area with a small desktop, I can flip to the page I need and fold the other pages behind. I am a lefty so I have never really liked spiral bound notebooks but the flexible rings work for me.



I ordered this one because of the window on the front. I put a phone number list here for a quick reference. Five Star Flex Hybrid NoteBinder, Customizable Cover, 1-Inch, Black (72409)

I always was pressured by an internal debate: Should I carry separate notebooks for each class or should I use one notebook for all classes. I never did come to a decision on what works best for me. Instead I started using the Five Star Flex Binder. This is a wonderful product that delivers more than I expected. The binder comes with a couple of pocket dividers and 3 sheet protectors. I have added 2 folders and 1 sheet protector, now I have the binder divided into 4 sections. I use the sheet protectors for each syllabus and the pocket dividers for any loose papers. I add new lined paper when needed for each class and remove my notes and put them into the binders I have designated for them at home. This system does take more time but it really keeps me organized for classes (the number 1 stress reliever to school). The binder is well made and sturdy. After 4 quarters the first and only one I have had to buy is in great condition. I was skeptical of the rings, they seemed like they may break off really easily but not one problem yet. I have heard people complain they have to open each individually but it really is simple and takes very little time. I think this product is awesome and hope you do to.



This model does have the clear pocket to make a unique cover, you can express yourself and all of your classmates will be jealous of your coolness. Good luck!

I really like this binder. It looks great and is very comfortable. It would be nice if you could buy it without the lined and squared paper, I guess some people still use those but all my papers are computer print outs and I feel terrible wasting the paper they come with, still trying to find someone to give it to.

This model improves on the standard by including a sturdy front cover pocket, useful for custom covers, syllabi, and reference charts. The flex binder is a lighter, less bulky, and more maneuverable alternative to carrying a three-ring binder, and much easier to work out of. The most significant flaw, in my opinion, is that the rings are of a "grippy" texture and tend to wear on or slightly snag the pages. Making them more slippery would really help - I actually wax mine. In addition, the binder lacks a mechanism to open all three rings at once. This is understandable since such a mechanism would probably bulk up the covers or require a spine, thus defeating the purpose of the product, but buyers should be prepared to open three individual rings whenever pages are inserted or removed.

My son is not very organized at school. He had notes in all differnet notebooks, never the correct one. I bought him one of these for each of his classes. Now he takes the page out and puts it in the correct notebook when he has to turn it in for a grade. It would be so much easier to just write in the correct notebok from the start but whatever. These are very sturdy plastic and I think will hold up a long time. The spiral is not a typical spiral but a rubber curve that pops together. The pages still turn nicely, though after a few weeks it has been a little hard on the 3 ring paper holes. I am thinking about buying the reinforced paper.

This NoteBinder works out pretty well for me. Being able to fold it up definitely saves me on space. The only gripe I have is in order to add or take out paper, you have to manually open/close each individual clasps/rings.

This folder is easily the best folder that I have used before, although it costs about 3-4 the price of a normal folder I think in the long run its worth the money. The folder is very light and compact compared to traditional folders, my backpack feels much lighter then it did before, it also comes with dividers and folders which is nice not to have to go out and buy, also undoing the rings one isnt that big of deal at all. Overall I would highly recommend this folder who wants nice high quality light folder.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information