Friday 31 December 2010

Expandable Multi-handset


I have been using my new VTECH phones for about a month now--I wanted to wait at least this long before submitting a review so I could give the product a workout and submit a fair review.



The phones are light weight but well built; the buttons have a great feel and the display is easy to read. I spent about 10 minutes reviewing the nicely organized and easy-to-understand instruction manual before I was well on my way to programming numbers and setting other features. The sound quality has been consistently good and once you've reviewed the manual you'll find the buttons and features to be quite intuitive.



From a practical standpoint, I was looking for a two-station cordless phone that does not have a built-in answering machine as I have voicemail with my phone service. So this phone fit the bill.



There are a couple of features I miss from my old phones I replaced--a belt clip (for trips to the garage when I don't want to miss a call) and a headphone jack. However, given the excellent price point of this product, I have no room to complain (For long conference calls I have been using the speakerphone feature, which also works well). I read some reviews where people complained that this phone does not have distinctive ring tones. If this is a feature you absolutely can't live without, look for a different product--remember, the price is great for what you get.



In case you're wondering, I have had zero interference with my home wireless network, which would have prompted me to immediately return this product.



The bottom line: If you're looking for a good-quality phone at a very attractive price, this is the one. Vtech CS6219-2 DECT 6.0 Expandable 2-Handset Cordless Phone System with Caller ID and Handset Speakerphone (CS6219-2)

Small, reliable phones. It's an easy way to add a phone to a room that doesn't have a phone jack. Unlike some phones of this type, two people can talk to the same caller on each extension. You don't have to transfer the call to the other handset unit. The speakerphone works great.

We purchased these telephones as a replacement for our old VTechs. We had a problem with our phone system and as a result purchased new phones during the diagnosing phase. Our VTechs lasted over 10 years and, as it turns out, were still working well. So we replaced them with VTechs and glad that we stayed with the same manufacturer. The new phones have all the features we expected and they work great with our phone company's set-up. Easy to create your own directory, retrieve numbers, etc. Most of the functions I did without reading the manual. Very user friendly. You will be glad you purchased this phone system.

This simple set offers solid performance and attractive looks for half the price of the competition. It's perfect for anyone who subscribes to a digital voice service with carrier-based voicemail (e.g. FiOS, Comcast) and doesn't need the fancy features that other sets offer.

Well, let's be honest. The phone is very inexpensive... and you get some of the baggage that comes along with that. Sometimes the signal is crystal clear, however fairly often (enough so that it's very annoying) it picks up other signals. The other signal is so loud that it makes it nearly impossible to hear who you are talking to.



If you're in an urban area or a place with a high population density, it's probably better to go with a phone that broadcasts in a higher frequency spectrum for clearer signals.

After owning a set of 3 GE phones that were total junk, these phones seem to be perfect for my needs so far. I especially like the voice mail indicator. Another issue I had with my old phones is that you had to transfer a call if you wanted to pick it up on a different phone, something my family never mastered. You can pick up a call on these phones without transferring. They are small and lightweight, the volume is great (another GE issue) - so I am very happy!

Have had this phone for about a month, nice and slick, great reception, holds about 3 numbers as a readial option, meaning that you have the option to redial any of the last 3 numbers you just dialed.

Ilumination is good when its dark, you can read all the numbers clearly.



Speaker phone not that good, It sound loud enough, but cant hear clearly what the other person is saying.

This is a great phone. I used to use an AT&T cordless phone with a handset speakerphone and heard static too often. This VTech has good clear sound and is well made. The intercom function comes in handy as well. The only issue I have with it is that it does not have an earphone jack or belt clip - functions I thought every phone offered. Still, I highly recommend.

I read a lot of reviews of this item and decided to buy it. I liked the phone till my wife pointed out that caller ID doesn't work if you have call waiting.



I'm surprised no one mentioned it that I saw. For us, having caller ID during call waiting is one of the main points for having call waiting.



It's a good phone, but if you need that feature, at least the phone we received didn't have it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information