Friday 31 December 2010

Droid Case - screen protector, screen protectors


I cannot imagine a better screen than this one for the Droid. It is a plastic cover, about 1mm thick that fits over the screen PERFECTLY. If it was any larger than the screen it would overlap the edges and look horrible. If it was any smaller, than areas of the screen would not be protected and that would also look bad.



I am really not sure why other reviewers would complain that it is EXACTLY the correct size. Seems to me like that is exactly what you would want in a screen protector.



Anyway, putting this screen on is not as difficult as people make it out to be. Basically, they provide a little anti-static sheet to wipe all of the dust and debris off your screen first. Then you have to very carefully place it on. It is true that a few specs of dust CAN create air bubbles that look bad as some other people mentioned. So basically, you have to place the screen protector on properly the very first time you put it on, otherwise the dust particles stick to the back of the screen protector and they are impossible to get off once that happens.



But here is the thing, these screens cost 1 CENT a piece. I ordered 4 of them. I used the first one as practice, accepting all of the air bubbles and debris and such. After practicing a few times with screen protector #1, I was able to get screen protector #2 on perfect the first time. The whole process took about 10 minutes from opening the box. I can't imagine anyone using more than 3 screens (and / or 15 min) to get this on properly.



Order a few extra. It looks great and works great once its on. Screen is still quite responsive to touch. High Quality Screen Protector Film Guard for Verizon Motorola Droid A855

After looking at what was available, I chose to risk the buy-one-and-hope it fits Droid screen cover. The quality seemed good out of the package, no wrinkles or smudges, but once I took it out I realized how easily I can screw this up. After cleaning the Droid I put the screen on with my second try.



Of course, I noticed a couple little pieces of dust under the screen in one corner, but after trying to bring it up real quick I bent the corner. So now I have a bent screen protector and a couple air bubbles, but I can't fault the screen protector for that, it was completely user error.



However, now that I've had the protector on for a couple days, I can tell you that the quality of the actual screen is pretty terrible. I mean, I dropped my phone twice in the past week, both times away from the screen and the protector's cleanliness never changed, but when I put my nail on the screen it's actually pretty easy to scratch it. Smudges clear up pretty easily, but it seems that if you accidentally put your phone and your keys in the same pocket, you'll be needing a new protector very soon.



I almost wish I paid for another Verizon screen protector: never had scratches on that thing.

The only thing I didn't like about this cover was that I bought 5 of them and got charged $3 for shipping each of them, and they all came in one bag...LAME!!!! :)



The cover itself is great! Protects well and is easy to install!

I was hoping these would make a great alternative to the $15 ones at Verizon...but these are awful! They're not cut properly (the corners are cut sharp whereas the Droid's screen has rounded corners) and it's impossible to fit the protector on the screen without excess hanging off. I went through 2 protectors, couldn't get the air bubbles out or get them to fit and ended up trashing them.

This screen fits perfectly, is durable, easy to apply, and completely worth the price. I switched from a Skinomi film to this one, and am so pleased that my Droid is working like a Droid again!! This screen is smooth enough so that it doesn't interfere with the screen responsiveness. It stays clean by itself as well (in other words, the dust & oils from your fingers don't inhibit you from seeing the screen) -- visibility is awesome. Highly recommended

This screen has been on my phone for almost six months already and I've had no problems with it and it doesn't look like it'll need to be replaced for another six months at least. I found it very easy to install properly--it comes with clear instructions and all the tools necessary to attach it and smooth out any bubbles. Make sure you remove the protective cover on your phone if you have one before you install. Also, it's 78 cents--basically free.

I ordered a few of these because they were cheap. They say Droid but I have a Droid 2 and figured I'd give it a shot and see if they would fit. Well they arrived today (a few days sooner than expected) and they are really close to the exact size. I put one on and it is super clear. I am pretty pleased with it so far. Now to see how long it will last.

These are by far the BEST screen protectors I have ever bought for my phone. Go on really easy, some air bubbles...I used a credit card to push them out and I dont have a single bubble... Im still using the same screen protector and I received them around August 8th!!



Worth the money, and will for sure buy more~~if I ever need too! - Droid Case - Screen Protectors - Shield - Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information