Friday 31 December 2010

Nintendo 3ds Games - nintendo, video games


As you all know, the 3ds battery is less then powerful enough for those long trips. I purchased this product because I needed more battery power but didn't want to replace the back of my aqua blue 3ds. The only other battery replacement option available at this time is to replace the battery and back of the 3d. I did not need more power daily and didn't want to fatten the 3ds or change the look of it.



Been using this product for about a week and it works great. I charge it up overnight. (it takes about 5 hours to charge) then I take it with me when I go on trips or when I know I may need extra power. When my 3ds runs out of power I clip this on the back and start the charge. It takes about 3 hours to charge a completely empty 3ds when the 3ds is turned off, and if you see the 3ds charge light go off and turn off this dock you will still have some stored power left in the dock. (if you leave the dock on after the 3ds is done charging you will lose the emergency power) Haven't tested how much, but CTA says about 30 minutes. The beauty of the dock though is you can play it while it charges. It acts like it's plugged into the wall. The dock clips on the back of the 3ds so it stays in place. The dock comes with a usb cable so you can charge it with a computer but I use an adapter for the cable so I can plug it in the wall. CTA sells one but you can also use the plug that came with the 3ds.



Can't say enough good things about this product, it performs exactly as described. I never worry about battery time anymore. Too bad Nintendo didn't think to make their dock work this way. Portable Power Battery Pack for Nintendo 3DS

I love this thing. It adds thickness to the 3DS and makes it easier to hold without getting cramps. I have encountered 2 problems with the product though. One's the same as what the other reviewer mentioned; an easier access to the stylus would work wonders. The main issue I have with this though is, the plastic at the bottom corners are starting to break down. It doesn't hold my 3DS as tightly and snug as it did when it was new. It makes using the system's gyroscope feature harder, when the battery pack easily falls off. I can't play with it on anymore and is now merely a charging dock for on-the-go. It's still a great product though.



I trust CTA will do a revision of this. After all, they did release a better version of their hand grip. I wouldn't recommend changing the design, I love the simple look. Adding 2 little prongs at the top of each corner that can utilize the 2 little holes at the bottom corners of the 3DS will suffice, I think.

I love this dock! I use it when I'm travelling to get an extra charge. It's great for the plane! I also use it when playing games for long stretches, so I can hold the 3DS normally without any cords. If you plan on using the new Netflix or 3D video services, this is a must-have!!



Works perfectly - I highly recommend it!!!

The CTA battery pack works exactly as it is described and is a great buy. I love the fact that it just attaches to the back of the 3ds instead of having to remove the back like other battery products. Its basically a charging cradle with its own battery installed. So, once its fully charged it can be used as a secondary power source for the 3ds or a portable charger.

When you use your 3ds with the CTA pack and the battery is about to die, just press the power button on the CTA pack and it will charge your 3ds as you play. Also, if you're in an area with no outlets, and your 3ds battery is low, the CTA pack can charge it without any wires needed.



It really does work as an external battery or a portable charger, depending on how you want to use it. Finally, it has a stand which allows you to prop up the 3ds. The 3ds is supposed to get Netflix, so the stand will come in handy for watching movies.



Its a really useful device and probably the best 3ds accessory out there. I recommend this to anyone who owns or plans on getting a 3ds.

The 3DS is a power hungry system. This helps ease the worries of a dead battery. The biggest issue is that it adds to the already awkward "boxiness" that makes the 3DS hard to hold. But I would rather have longer playing time any day! - Luigi - 3ds - Nintendo - Video Games'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information