Sunday 30 January 2011

Diver - diver


I bought it because when I get tired of swimming, the music is an excellent distraction from the exhaustion, I also listen to audiobook, so I can learn while I exercise.



This mp3 player is easy to use, and I can swim one week long before I have to charge the device again. I just have to put the ear bud carefully, so that no water comes in, otherwise I wont be able to listen anything.



I love the shuffle feature, because I put classic music, romantic, salsa, and rumba. This makes my swimming so much fun, because I never know wich rhythm will come next.



The earphones are a little uncomfortable, because the goggles press them against my ears, so after one hour of swimming, it's a little soar. Diver (TM) Waterproof MP3 Player. 4 GB. Kit Includes Waterproof Earphones. (Pink)

I had previously owned a Intova Waterproof MP3 Player and while it had great sound it was very bulky and I'd usually get tangled in the cords. This little player provides the same great sound as well as no bulky cords or bulky player. I'm also impressed with the ease that I can put my music in the player. Another great plus is that the battery lasts a good long time. All in all it was a great buy.

I just got this unit from Amazon and seem to be having the same problem. I was able to power it (as established by the power on light) but it isn't recognized by my computer. Did you ever solve this problem? I was really hopeful about this unit for swimming laps. I have the Finis waterproof player but a small piece fell off so now it's a paperweight. (BTW, I tried to email Finis in order to see if I could get a replacement piece and they never even replied.)

I have to take it back. I contacted the seller and received a prompt reply suggesting that I may not have screwed the USB cable in ALL the way. I tried screwing it in a little more and discovered that, in fact, they were correct. I then had no problem uploading to the unit by dragging and dropping.

I've not had a chance to use the unit while swimming but I decided to give it a 5 star rating in an attempt to compensate for the 1 star rating that I had before.

I never got to use this product in the pool. I had problems from the start and was told to be sure usb cable was in tight. It did finally connect and I did try to use it several times and each time the battery was dead. But when I tried to charge it just before swimming it still didn't work. Since it was 33 days since I purchased this item I wrote the following to seller to explain my problems but is has been over a week and I have gotten no response.



My MP3 player does not work. I had a hard time originally getting it connected to my computer but after resetting it once or twice I was able to transfer some music. I set it aside waiting for a chance to use it while swimming. I just tried to swim with it today for the first time. It worked for maybe 30 seconds then nothing. It had turned itself off and I could not get it back on. I figured it was the battery so I took it home with me to charge. WHen I got home I found the blue light was on (must have gone on by itself) but still no sound. I plugged it into the computer but it does not show up. After resetting it a few times I get the blue light back but still no sound. So I plugged it back into the computer, the blue light went off and again there is no connection. I followed all the instructions very carefully and I am sure there is something wrong with it. How do I get a replacement?



My suggestion is to avoid this product and this seller. I am really frustrated that amazon does not seem to care or give you a way to return it after 30 days.

I absolutely love this product. It does as it says...music while under water. I will never do laps without my Diver underwater Mp3 again!



There are some drawbacks, but they are worth it once you get used to it...



*I'm not fond of the hard curved part of the headphones that wrap around your ear. They would be less cumbersome if that part were removable. The ear buds fit and stay in my ears and come in a bunch of different sizes. The hard curved loops have to be held down with the strap of my goggles. They slip and I end up stopping to secure them again.



*There is no shuffle feature and the buttons take some getting used to...you have to do it by feel, once you get the hang of it, it's easy breezy ;)



*My first Diver was a dud...it did not stay charged. This is my second and I can swim a week on one charge (45 min per session) Amazon refunded the money quickly and return shipping was free... Greatly appreciated!!



All in all, it's an amazing experience to block out the world and swim while listening to your favorite music. All you can hear are bubbles and the sound of the music. I LOVE IT!! :)

I just purchased this player so I could use it while I did lap swimming. Unfortunately the waterproof ear plugs wont stay in! In the hour I went swimming I think I spent more time stopping, draining the water out of my ears, and the headphones, and re-setting them... only to have them fall out and fill with water a minute after I started swimming again. I even tried putting them under my swim cap with the arm band wrapped around my head, the only result was a headache, but no better sound. The best I could get it to do was occasionally I could hear music as if it were being played under water. If I could choose again I would spend the extra 30 bucks and get something better that doesn't have the stick-in-your-ear headphones.

I am the proud owner of a Diver mp3 player. I do water aerobics almost every day and am enjoying "jamming" to the music. It makes my time in the pool go much faster, and my workout has definitely been kicked up a notch! I have found that I can attach the player directly to my swimming suit strap thereby avoiding the use of an additional clip, cord or carrying case, making it very handy. I like this product and would not want to have to go to do my workout without it!!! Other exercisers ask me where I got it and how much it cost - I always refer them to the website. It is economical as well - before buying it, I asked others who had waterproof players about them. One person paid over $200 for hers, this one is a bargain at about 1/4 of the price! Thanks for a terrific product! - Diver'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information