Monday 31 January 2011

Replacement Blades - replacement blades, shaving


I give this blade 3 stars because it does an OK job, and is certainly better than some blades out there. And for some shavers, it is an excellent blade, so if this is your go-to blade don't be put off by my comments. But the truth is, there are a few other blades out there that will work better in your Merkur razor than the stock Merkur blade. Blades such as Personnas, Derbys (also sold on Amazon), Gillettes, and Feathers will generally do a better job in a Merkur. I only post this info because I own several Merkurs and have never found the Merkur blade to yield a good shave. YMMV, of course. Merkur Double Edge Razor Blades, Box of 10

Excellent blades that retain a sharp edge for many shaves. Although not recommended, I have gotten 50+shaves out of 1 blade. The closeness of the shave far outshines multi-blade systems and cuts out ingrown hairs with ease.

Do a search for Derby blades on amazon.com. You will find 100 for less than $20. The blades are of equal quality. I fell for these by purchasing a bundle. You will save money by getting the Derby blades.

Mekur makes a really great blade. While I have to change blades every three days I have yet to find a bad one in any of the packages. The price is higher than some of the other blades but you are paying for quality.

Hey guys, I bounce between a Dovo straight razor and an ancient Gilette safety razor. The Gilette is fed nothing but these Merkur blades and it gives me a great shave. Use anything less and you'll swear you shaved with a rusty steak knife!

I just used these blades for the first time after switching from cartridges to a de safety razor. They are a good baseline blade. Personally I think they do a great job. Much better than the cartridge razors now days. Gave me the best shave of my life.

I'm really happy i went to shaving with this "method" using the old style razor. It's more fun for me. It's hyped up a lot, but rationally though it's nice to have this kind of quality even if it's old school. These blades are pretty straight forwrd and definitely cheap compared to newer style razor blades.



I believe you can use these for a while, if you keep them dry and free of debris after shaving.

These blades seem to stay sharp for countles shaves. Even when I am in a rush, I get a close shave without having to go back over a spot. You can buy a box of razors for $1, or these, which actually are cheaper since they last for many, many shaves. I hate switching out a blade half way through a shave, with these ones I don't have that problem. I like the old school style of shaving; the new three blade razors are fine, but not for me.

I bought these when I first purchased my saftey razor. I have since purchased one of the sample packs that include several brands of blades and have found some that work better (for a more reasonable price). I would recommend going that route instead of spending your money on one brand. - Replacement Blades - Wetshaving - Razor - Shaving'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information