Monday 31 January 2011

Memory Card Reader - sd card reader, card reader


I have used this 4 in 1 Memory Card Reader on Kingston, Ridata, and Transcend brands of SD cards of various capacities (512 MB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB) with no problems. Since it supports SDHC cards (High Capacity SD cards), it should work fine with SD cards of 16GB & 32GB (the maximum capacity).



Note: This card reader takes only regular SD cards. It will not take miniSD or microSD cards. As of this writing, the product title reads "... Memory Card Reader Writer SD MINISD ..." -- do not be misled! If you need a memory card reader that takes miniSD or microSD cards you can either:



1) Use a memory card adapter

For example, you can use a microSD card to SD card adapter to use your microSD card with this memory card reader. Kingston sells these microSD cards with microSD card to SD card adapters included: (i) 4GB microSD and (ii) 8GB microSD.



OR



2) Get a memory card reader designed for miniSD or microSD cards. Kingston makes one that takes all 3 types of SD cards (see Kingston Mobilelite).





It has a cap on each end; one for the USB connector and the other for the SD card slot. It has a rugged, translucent plastic casing, which feels very durable. It is also lightweight and compact.



The only fault I can find with it is that it doesn't have a lanyard or a place for attaching it to a keychain. In addition, the caps are not hinged and come off completely, so they are easy to lose.



Regardless, it works very well and it is very inexpensive. Definitely recommended! 10 in 1 Mini USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer

I purchased these, with 4 16 GB SD cards. The cards were working perfectly, since I used them in my camera and my computer. As soon as I put the SD cards in these readers, they stopped working. Why? I have no idea. Then the card stopped working with other devices too. I checked all 4 readers and unfortunately they destroyed all my 4 SD cards, none of them readable by any other device.



I contacted seller. They were nice, but didn't accept any responsibility. The only thing they said, was that they will check the readers from now on to be sure something like this will not happen again. They sent me 4 new readers that are working fine, at least for the past few hours.



So, if you buy these readers, before inserting your SD card, check to be sure they are working fine. You can do it by using an old SD card without any info or picture on it. This way, you will not lose any file, but might lose the card itself.

It's insteresting when you buy a product and says it's plug and play and yet when you plug it in it doesn't play. Also said it came with an instruction manual hopefully a driver since it isn't plug and play like it is so indicated on the pakage, and yet it came with neither. I can't complain too much when you pay a dollar for something you get a dollars worth of work out of it. Thanks for the product though guys I now have a blue plastic paper weight or maybe a christmas tree ornament.

I ordered six of these. Four failed outright. . Two successes out of six is good reason to not buy from this vendor. The product cost is too low to mess with contacting their customer service.



If you order more than one ( like I ordered six) you are charged SIX shipping charges even though they ship all six in a single envelope with single 42 cent postage. Thieves !



I have ordered thousands of dollars of camera equipment through AMAZON in 2009. This is the first incident that causes me to be concerned with ordering from AMAZON and one of their allied vendors.



Be WARNED ! I only got nicked for a few dollars this time and it is a lesson learned.i

I bought this because the port on my digital camera wasn't working with its USB cable so I needed an SD card reader to get pictures off my camera. This thing is cute and portable, but it only worked once for me and now won't hold a connection when plugged into my USB hub. Good price but I got less than I paid for.

Received the card reader and tested it. seems to read the an sd card slower than expected. does not allow me to copy a large size file to sdcard, anything over 20 mb's will be denied but the card reader is a good buy for the cost.

My boyfriend bought this for me for Christmas because my new camera required an awkward USB cable and I hated carrying it to and from school or waiting to upload my pictures. It worked fine the first time I used it then after that my computer only recognized it about 1/14 times I tried to plug it in. I have a standard SDHC card, so there is no reason it shouldn't work and it lights up when it is plugged in, but there must not be a good connection somewhere because my computer won't pick up that it is plugged in (and yes I've tried other computers).



I can't say I'm all that upset, it is insanely cheap and it was a gift, but kind of a disappointment. - Sd Card Reader - Memory Card - Card Reader - Memory Card Reader'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information