Sunday 30 January 2011

Ear Phone Extension Cable - adapter, headphones


I own a pair of Sennheiser HD-555 headphones. What I didn't realize when I initially bought them was that the HD-555 terminates to a large 1/4 inch plug. It came with the standard straight adaptor to a 1/8 inch plug, but I was concerned about putting stress on the headphone connectors on my devices. The Grado Prestige Mini Adaptor Cable alleviated my concerns wholeheartedly.



The Grado adaptor cable is surprisingly long and built like a tank. I measured it at 10 inches long! It's nearly an extension cable! But seriously, both ends are sufficiently strengthened and the cable is high quality. They even include a fairly large vinyl pouch to store the adaptor.



Why do you need the Grado vs. el cheapo from say, Radio Shack? You probably don't. I'm of the mindset that nearly all cables perform about the same and that most people cannot tell the difference. But if you own good quality headphones, do you really want to chance the adaptor degrading the sonic quality? Grado guarantees no degradation while using their adaptor.



If you own nice headphones and need an adaptor, consider the Grado's. If you are using a straight adaptor, you may be adding stress to your audio source board, which may damage it over time. You can get less expensive adaptors (Hosa) or more expensive ones (Cardas), but I think the Grado's are just right. Also, this baby is Made in The USA. Grado Mini Adaptor Cable - 1/4 Inch to 1/8 Inch Plug

More expensive than I would have liked to have paid, this adapter is extremely high quality and saves my much more expensive headphones from stress on the plug. I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought it as this relatively minor cost is far less than replacing my headphones.



As always with Grado products, the quality is awesome.

I, like many of the reviewers, own a Sennheiser headphone. The reason we had to buy an another adapter was because the one that comes with the headphone is not a cable, but a regular plug-in like the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter which puts too much weight on a headphone output. Later I realized Sennheiser were selling adapters like this Grado one with a SEPARATE purchase. Ayo forreal? Why couldn't they just include THOSE adapters on HD555 and HD595 headphones? Frustrated by their decision I decided to buy Grado's adapter instead of Sennheiser's, and so far with 6 months of use I have no complaints. Very sturdy and works perfectly.

I got this to replace the adaptor that was included with my Sennheiser HD-555. The extra length of cable gives nice flexibility, so unlike the adaptor included with Sennheisers, you don't have to worry so much about the plug snapping off.

There isn't really much to say on this - it's pretty simple. It's sturdier than most. Gold plated to prevent corrosion... The fact that it has a short cable between the 1/8 inch plug and the 1/4 inch plug means that you aren't putting undo strain on your headphone jack.

Flexibility allows better, longer lasting connections. Hold it and you can feel the quality. Not a cheap mass produced Radio S---k or WalM--t knockoff. If this what you need then this is the one to get.

This is a simple product. What makes a simple product a good or a bad version? Build quality! This was not designed to save the manufacturer money while producing the product. This adapter cable was designed to be sturdy and functional. The materials used are top notch. I am delighted to have purchased a product that was designed to last.

I was surprised by the build quality of this adapter. So glad I didn't order the one from Monster. Have this hooked up to Sennheiser HD555 cans and iPhone4. This adapter fits my iPhone4 with installed tpu case. - Adaptor - Adapter - Ipod - Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information