Sunday 30 January 2011

Iphone Cable - ipad, apple


It just works.



This cable is great. It charges and it syncs both my iPad and my iPod touch. I'm sure it would do the same for an iPhone as well.



And *even with shipping included* I could buy three of these for the same price that Apple charges for just one of their cables. Quite a deal. (FYI I bought mine from CrazyOnDigital through Amazon.)



(Footnote: As many of you may know the iPad draws more current than the iPods or iPhones so the iPad's charger can run up to 10W [vs. the normal 5W of the other devices.] Not that it matters anyway, because that's just the charger not the cable. I mention this just in case someone is confused: yes this cable will work with the higher 10W draw for the iPad as well as the lower draws of the iPods and iPhones.) New Sync & Charge USB Cable for Apple iPad (Black, Color), also support iPhone 3G/3GS/4G, iPod Touch 2G/3G/4G, iPod Nano.

It's always been obvious to me that Apple is ripping people off BADLY by charging so much money for simple items like cables and chargers. It's shameless.



Here we have a cable that is currently priced at about [...] (including shipping), and is for all intents and purposes identical to the official Apple cable that came with the iPad. Actually, I'd give this [...] cable a slight advantage because it's black, and does not draw attention to itself, like the "official" white cable does.



This black cable is about the same size as the original -- perhaps 1 inch longer. Both connector ends of the cable are identical in size and shape to the original. The width of the cable is almost literally a hair thinner -- probably just a difference in the cable jacket material or something.



Functionally, there are no issues with sync or stability. Works great every time.



Also, a note to people who dislike getting tons of useless throw-away packaging: it was shipped in the smallest of floppy-plastic envelopes (that strong, stretchy gray plastic envelope material, but very small), and did not have any other packaging, aside from the little plastic loop holding it in a coil. It was shipped to me by ElectroshopUSA (nice job).



UPDATE March 2, 2011: It looks like the photo in this product has changed, and now there is some kind of storage pouch that comes with the cable. So this no longer appear to be the same product I reviewed here. It really bothers me that Amazon allows products to change like this without creating a new product in their catalog.



For the record, the cable in the photo does NOT appear to have the exact same connections that the original iPad cable has.



I know that I posted my review on the correct product because my order status at the top of this page still says that I purchased this item. ("You purchased this item on August 22, 2010.")



I'm not saying this cable doesn't work, but I am saying please verify the product yourself, because my review was when the cable offered here looked identical to the original iPad cable, just in black color instead of white.

The picture shows heavy duty anti-bend/break material where the cord enters the plug.

The sync cords that I received did not have this extra material.

They are just like the cheap ones that came with my iPod Touch and my iPad.

The ones that keep breaking at that joint.

If I wanted cheap junk, I could have gotten it for a lot less money.

Please do not assume that you will receive what is pictured.

I will contact the seller to complain about this misrepresentation.

I will also try to upload a photo of what was really sent.

Thank you for reading my review!

Have bought other inexpensive products from this supplier (importer520) before and had good results. However, the USB cables I received in this shipment look nothing like the image (which I've bought before with good result). They are flimsy and none work with any of our Apple iPhone 3G, 4G or iTouch devices. Junk.

Pros: Cheap, not white, reasonable length. Excellent practice for soldering or epoxy.



Cons: Pieces of junk. Ordered 2. Plastic around USB-A end of one broke the second time it was unplugged from PC. Second one lasted two weeks. Fools bargain.

Well the cables that are pictured are not the cables that i received. The cables that i received do work when plugged directly into my IPhone4, however I purchased this cable to use with my dock (Eigertec Black Sync Charger Dock Cradle for iPhone 4 4G Audio out Cradle) that I purchased from amazon as well. This particular cable will not connect at all to the dock. The connector seems to not be long enough to make a connection. It looks like you could file it down or remove the shell to get it to fit correctly but who wants to go through all that? Overall the product works when directly connected but is not like pictured and does not connect to the cradle I specifically bought for it. Disappointed at least a little bit. I will not purchase again from this seller due to the differences in what i purchased and what i received being different. - Ipod - Iphone - Apple - Ipad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information