Wednesday 30 March 2011

Accessory Kits - playstation 3, playstation move


Purchased 2 of these and they both work great! One now sits on top of my older Sony KDS-60A3000 rear-projection LCD HDTV and the other sits on top of my Samsung 46C750 LCD HDTV. The clip adjusts nearly 180 degrees so each fits snugly while accommodating the Playstation Eye perfectly.



As a long-time owner of the PS Eye, I don't know why someone didn't come up with this sooner. Well worth the $12.99 purchase cost to easily and harmlessly mount the PS Eye on top of your flatscreen TV and to avoid the PS Eye slipping off its high perch. PS3 Eye Camera Mounting Clip

I have a SONY 52-XBR9 and was worried that this would not fit correctly or would scratch the top of the TV, but fortunately there is padding in place of where it clips onto the tv. It does not clip on hard to where it would damage any part of the TV. It is snug and just sits in place. Also, the camera lens is still adjustable.



I would recommend this for anyone who is wanting to place their PS3 Eye on top of their LCD.

After some brief searching, I found that this was recommended to clip the Kinect sensor to the top of the TV if you have a really thin one. This, plus some $3 double-sided mounting tape, mounts the Kinect sensor (relatively) securely above my TV It makes the experience better than trying to keep it in front.

I just wanted to chime in that for a Kinect Owner seeking a good solution other than the $50.00 option for top mounting, this is a great choice. With a $2.00 bit of velcro, this allows my Kinect to sit firmly atop my 46" Sony LED and looks like it was made for it. Make sure to get black velcro (the item others have listed is ideal). Since the back portion adjusts with a nice firm click I was able to attach it even to a pretty darn thin TV.

I didnt want to spring for the 40 dollar TV mount for the Xbox Kinect so bought this instead. It works absolutely fine and fits nicely for a Kinect. Note it of course does not lock it into place like the PS3 Eye, but provides a flat spot on the top of your TV where you can simply set the Kinect. If you have a solid TV you should be fine. If your TV wobbles some when you are jumping up and down from playing your Kinect then it might fall off. So just use a little tape and common sense and save yourself nearly 30 bucks by getting this instead of the official Xbox Kinect TV mount.



I've added an image showing me using it with my Kinect.

Great concept but poor execution. The clip will not grip my Panasonic TV and the camera swivels down due to the pull of it's cable.

The front of the clip needs to be extended and it needs a better locking system to attach it to a TV. Then add a cable clip in the back to help secure the camera. Do all that and you will have a good product.

I read many of the negative reviews here on Amazon before I purchased this product. Many were complaining that this mount did not fit their ultra thin LED TV. I have a 55" Samsung LED LCD TV. It is 1.2" thick. It is the second thinnest TV on the market by .3". Yes, that's right. Less than a 1/3 of an inch. This mount fits my TV perfectly. The only thing I can think of is that these negative reviewers have no idea what they are doing or don't actually own the product. Yes, the product doesn't come with a manual, but honestly, I don't see what you absolutely need one for. It adjusts to almost and width. I'll try to post a video and show you what I mean. You will have to forgive the quality, as I don't have a real digital camcorder. It will be shot from my cell phone.

I was looking for a TV mount after purchasing the Kinect. As of this writing, the Xbox official mount is still $39.99. Now, if it was $19 or even $29, I would have tried on of those first. Thankfully that official mount is overpriced because it caused me to try the Sony mount first. Let me tell you that it works GREAT! A litte velcro between the mount and Kinect is ALL you need (trust me, you can trim it so it doesn't stand out. You won't notice it!) Don't overthink this - just get the Sony and you'll thank yourself later. - Playstation Eye - Move - Playstation Move - Playstation 3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information