Thursday 31 March 2011

Garmin Nuvi Vent Mount - garmin nuvi vent mount, garmin mount


This mount does not hook very securely into the vents of my 05 Ford Focus ZX3 (Or my Jeep Wrangler, or my girlfriend's Jeep Liberty). My Garmin Nuvi 265T (3") moves around way too much for this item to be of use.



Update:

My next attempted solution was to try the weighted beanbag solution (cheapest price at Walmart), but as an accomplished urban driver who likes to make yellow lights (and the common deceleration into corners thereafter), I got tired of trying to catch the whole package as it was sliding to it's doom!.



The final solution that works well, and is the simplest, is to mount the adheasive disk that came with my Garmin (and available to purchase as an accessory here at Amazon) onto my dash. My GPS and it's OEM suction cup mount hasn't moved from it's spot since I've mounted it (make sure and follow cleaning and temperature instructions!). As an additional benifit, I was able to mount the GPS in a more ideal location nearer me and my display console than the bean-bag or air-vent would have allowed. If I use my GPS in someone else's car, then I just use the beanbag and assume the responsibility as the navigator to catch the thing when it slides!



Go with the adhesive disk and OEM suction cup solution... you won't be disappointed. Arkon GN047 Removable Vent Mount for Nuvi & StreetPilot

I didn't like any of the other mounting options available. This set-up keeps my GPS below the windshield and dash and does not interfere with my line-of-site while driving. The unit is perfectly placed in the mid-upper dash area just like a built-in, factory system. Very clean and uncluttered. The mount hold the GPS reasonably steady and secure, swivels so that a passenger can use it, and is easy to install and remove. Perfect solution and great price.

Very east to use, extremely portable. It came as 3 parts- I had to assemble the 2 clips. Later I realized it was actually a wonderful feature: I can take it apart and squeeze it into my limited suitcase space- no need to worry about breaking it. When using it, just need a bit practice of putting it up to the vent and taking it off, I don't think it did any damage to my vent. The adjustable foot has a felt pad that also prevent scratching. The vent position is perfect for the driver to handle the GPS, way easier than the windshield mount or dash mount. Now I use it all the time even though I just spent almost $30 for the dash friction mount. Highly recommend it!

I purchased 2 of these from Amazon, one for an 02 Honda Civic, the other for an 08 Nissan Altima. It worked great on the Altima but the arms were a little too thick to fit through the vent slots on the Civic. When you press down on the tweezer like arms (have to really push on these btw) the spread of them is too large to fit. I'm going to file or Dremel down the retaining stops on them to reduce the overall thickness and it should work.



Still gonna give it 4 stars, almost next to impossible to make something that works for every vehicle known to man. They are well built.

This is the perfect answer for a mount for our Garmin Nuvi 760: no suction rings on the window, no bulky dashboard beanbag. It mounts easily in the vent to the right of the steering wheel, a perfect location. Works with Lexus SC430 and several rental cars we've used. The mount easily detaches from the vent and is small enough that you can easily put the GPS, attached mount and cord into the glovebox when you're away from the vehicle.

I've had this device for almost six months and it's been my guide (along with my GPS) to Vegas, LA, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and back! I bought it for my BMW 325ci and it fits perfectly. My dad know wants one, too! It works on his Honda Pilot. We've tried it. Very stable, doesn't damage vents, and is very sturdy. I highly recommend this since you can easily detach it from your vents without sticky tape or any other harmful adhesive that may damage your car. - Garmin Nuvi Vent Mount - Garmin Nuvi - Garmin Mount - Ac Vent Mout'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information