Thursday 31 March 2011

Poor Design - dvd case, cd case


I bought two of these cases thinking they were a steal. They were -- for the manufacturer. On one of the cases the inserted CD sleeves was sewn 1 pack upside down 1 right side up. No problem rip one out and stick it back in place (Wrong. Sleeves were sewn in not screwed in as I have previously experienced.) Another problem with this case is they have sewn too many Sleeves together which makes it almost impossible to get in the 144 CD discs it supposedly can hold. If they had instead made three rows rather than two oversized ones, the case would be easier to use. Also the Sleeves are sewn in too close to the actual edges of the case, this also makes the use of some of the sleeves nearly impossible.



I do not mind the fact that you have to pull out the plastic pieces that create the actual space to hold the CD. But when the space supposedly available is not there, then there is a problem. I am just glad that I did not pay any more for this product than I would have if I bought a slightly cheaper model at the Flea Market. If you do not mind these type of problems then get this product. However, if you can buy CD cases of this size at your local Flea Market for $5.00 or less (as I can) then buy the Flea Market ones. This one is of no better quality than the cheap ones found at these type of places. Inland Pro CD Travel Case (144 Disc Space)

I chose this design because I liked the idea of having the CDs only 2 to a page, instead of the bulkier 4. After at least 30 minutes of ripping out the plastic tabs and putting in all of my CDs, the case wouldn't even close. It's not great quality, but I don't care about that. I do care about being able to close the case once my 144 CDs are in there. It may have slots for 144, but there definitely isn't room for 144.

I like the other case I bought from Inland so i thought I would try this one out. Mistake! I could deal with the need to remove the "whale tail" from each slot I knew I would need to do this from ordering the Inland Pro CD/DVD Carrying Case Holds 208 Discs. But once that is done and you put your disc in you will find that when you close it the space in the middle is to big and the sleeves tear each other up making the four sleeves between the two sections un-usable. I will not waste my money on another one of these.

I didn't expect anything high quality since I only paid $10, but I didn't expect to have to rip out 144 plastic tabs. After all that work, the case wouldn't close when filled. I sent it back for a refund. I highly suggest shelling out the extra money for a better case.

Ordered this to hold all the loose CD's around our house that have lost or broken cases. When it arrived, I filled it up almost to capacity. Well, it HOLDS 144, but it won't close with them in there! Didn't they test-run this with all the CD's in it? Very disappointed! :-(

I haven't filled it up yet but i put about half of my dvd/cd collection in there and it already seems like its having trouble closing. Having to rip out the tabs can get annoying like everyone else is saying as well. Not to mention the place where the case divides in half has 4 completely useless cd/dvd slots how they become completely useless is when you close the case it messes them up and eventually somehow those 4 slots wont hold cd/dvds properly anymore. But besides those minor things its an overall good cheap case that i would probably buy again. If you want a quality case you should invest more money in your purchase.

I got this product on time and it is what it says it is. it is holding my Cd's and DVD's. It was a lot thicker than I expected i.e the spine is a couple inches of cardboard wide, but it's fine. Would recommend the product! - Poor Design - Cd Case - Dvd Case - Cd Storage'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information