Wednesday 30 March 2011

Hp Pavilion Notebooks


An awesome laptop. Very good looking design (argento on brushed aluminum). Feels sturdy in hand. All the bells and whistles as per the specifications including a backlit keyboard (which was really the selling point for me). Only problem and I mean the ONLY problem for me is the click/touch pad... to click on an item and/or drag and drop is kind of cumbersome to execute...the click part of the pad feels a bit stiff or too far down from tyhe location I'm used to it being in on other laptops...but I figure I'll get used to it after a while. What I think would have been great to just make this the ideal compact and economical merge of hardware vs. price would be integrated bluetooth. But no sweat for me I already had an IOgear bluetooth dongle to connect....Again, awesome laptop! HP Pavilion dv6-3250us 15.6-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC (Silver)

I spent a good two weeks comparing laptops in the $600-$800 range, and this one gets you the most bang for your buck -- by far. Huge hard drive, speedy processor, and enough RAM to run Pro Tools 9 (in other words, plenty of RAM). The back-lit keyboard and fingerprint reader are a nice touch, as is the wide screen. Speakers are surprisingly good for a laptop, too. My only qualm is that it comes loaded with useless software -- a whole punch of programs and games made by HP and Microsoft that you really don't need. It only took about a half-hour to clear those out, though, and from then on it's been smooth sailing. Also, it doesn't come with a full Microsoft Office Suite, just the starter, which is Word and Excel with these annoying ads. But Word and Excel are clunky and weak compared to Open Office, which you can download and install lickety-split at [...]. Did I mention Open Office is free, too? Goodness I love freeware.



In short: I am a very picky purchaser. I checked every store and website I could find, and if $800 is your limit, BUY THIS LAPTOP. The fingerprint reader will totally amaze your friends.

This laptop is great. The processor is super-fast, backlit keyboard is amazing, and I love the fingerprint scanner. The graphics look great and once you tweak the sound a little, the sound isn't too bad. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone and I can't say enough about the backlit keyboard. It's kind of like getting your first DVR, you didn't see why everyone was making such a big deal about them, but once you get one you can't imagine going without it again.

The $634 laptop computer worked wonderfully for 12 months. Within a few days of the warranty expiring, the powercord that originally came with the laptop charged the laptop inconsistently, but enough to keep it running. On the 13th month (1 month after the warranty expired), the powercord arced and fried the motherboard. This is an extremely expensive fix. We called HP customer service and were told that because the warranty expired a month ago, we are on our own! I googled this issue and found that this is a common problem. Before you purchase this computer, do a little more research to find out what problems people have had with HPs as well as what problems people have had with HP customer service. Had I done this before I purchased the HP laptop, I never would have made the purchase.

The price I paid for this computer is well worth it. I LOVE this computer. It is my first HP laptop and the first day I got it I fell in love with the design. Another cool feature that I love about this dv6 is the backlit keyboard and fingerprint reader. The only disadvantage that I found with the fingerprint reader is that I get so use to it and I forget my password when I am on other computers because I am so use to just swiping my finger and it just logs in for me. One issue that I encountered when I first got it with the fingerprint reader is that whenever I log into pages like facebook, my cursor would become disabled and turn into a cross and not allow me to make any selections. After contacting HP about the issue, we figured out that my internet explorer needed to be updated. I was using the original IE9 that was installed in the computer so I had to update to IE10 and it finally worked to this day. Another issue about this dv6 is the battery life. It says that it can give you about 5 hours of battery life, but it doesn't. After a full charge and I check my battery life it says 3 hours and 45 minutes. When unplugged it does last the three hours and 45 mins. I LOVE that whenever I play a movie on here it automatically asks me to switch over to a power saving mode while watching to movie and extends my battery life. I've kept my laptop on watching movies and doing other things my entire flight from east coast to west coast and still had about 30 minutes remaining when we landed. I LOVE the energy efficient options that it gives. One thing that I'm still trying to figure out is the setting for the webcam. I've used it in really dark rooms and it automatically brightens up the background, but there are so many features to mess with that I haven't gotten around to figuring out the right setting for me. I am still trying to figure out how to turn on the power boost. According to the specs it has 2.66 GHZ but can power boost up to 2.93GHz. It loads the main screen really fast and connect to the internet really fast at 2.66GHz. I just wanted to see how much faster 2.93GHz was. Overall, this laptop is well worth the money. It comes with a 1yr manufactor warranty, but I would contact HP after making this purchase and insure it with accidental damage plus in home care services. It costs about $124.00 for a year, so I'd be sure to take full advantage of that service. :) I guarantee that you will love this computer for this price. Well worth it!! Excellent product and excellent customer service and support from HP.

This is a nice machine but didn't "wow" me. In spite of the Intel i5 chip and 6GB of RAM it seems to run slower than my 3-year old Vista machine with considerably less horse power and RAM. It also "crashed" a few time, especially when it's been asleep. I also agree with previous posters who complained about the touch pad. It's not crisp and the buttons seem to stick. If you buy this machine I strongly suggest you buy a mouse (I bought a wireless mouse) to navigate. If I needed another computer I would NOT buy this one again.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information