Thursday 31 March 2011

Pedometers - step counter, walking


This is the best pedometer that I have owned and yes I have had 4 of them...I reviewed many and am very happy with this purchase!!! It keeps accurate information for review for 7 days and does break down regular to moderate steps taken, miles and time...so if you walk, it keeps an accurate record...if you jog or speed walk, it keeps that accurate under moderate steps...It is not bulky, the clip holds tightly (even when you jog or speed walk) and it is very easy to read the numbers...What an easy set up also with the instuctions provided! I would highly recommend this one!! With my Amazon Prime membership, shipping was free and it came in 2 days! Omron HJ-151 Hip Pedometer for Aerobic Activity

This is a great pedometer. It works perfectly. I've owned others, and this one is the best. It has no frills whatsoever. It's a pedometer, pure and simple. It does exactly what it's supposed to do.



There's just one problem: It's so small, it's easy to lose. Mine lasted 2 weeks. I'm ordering another one.

Brought this thing on a trip to Disney with me to keep track of how much I was walking each day. To ensure it was accurate I took it jogging with me on a treadmill a couple times before. It was always within .1 mile of what I actually jogged. VERY accurate!

I bought two, one for my wife and one for me. Set up is easy, you just enter height, weight and set the clock. You don't have to enter your stride length. We have had the pedometers for about a month. They work well and seem to be way more accurate (on step count) than other pedometers that we have tried. There is a 4 second delay before it starts logging steps so I think it does a better job of recording true steps as opposed to every little jiggle you may make (it does count the steps you make in those first 4 seconds too). In addition to total steps it also logs moderate step count and time, defined as steps taken in the 3.0 to 6.0 METs as defined by the American College of Sports Medicine. The display is easy to read. The clip keeps the pedometer in place well. It has a seven day memory and automatically starts a new day of logging steps at midnight. We don't use the calorie and mileage trackers. Battery saver function is nice - it turns off the display after 5 minutes with no button being pressed (it does log steps even when the display is off).

I am on my fourth Omron HJ-151 Hip Pedometer. It works really well and seems to be very accurate in its count of steps. The features are great- all of them work well for me. I love this pedometer and I only have one issue. I keep losing it! One of my favorite features of the pedometer is its size, but it comes with a drawback- the belt clip is small, and the pedometer falls off. The spring clip in itself is strong- but it wriggles its way up the waist of my pants, and inevitably falls off. This time, I attached a rubber band to the pedometer and wound it around my belt loop in an attempt to keep it from falling. It has worked so far and is an inexpensive security device to keep this pedometer in place.

This is a lightweight pedometer that is easy to set up and use. Mine lasted about 3 days. I think it must have slipped off my belt when I sat down somewhere, because on the 3rd day of use I suddenly noticed that it wasn't there anymore. Maybe a stronger belt clip would have prevented the loss. It was a good product while it lasted.

June, 2009: This seemed like a good pedometer while it lasted. The first one slipped off my belt and disappeared so I bought a new one. It seemed to count steps accurately but after a couple of months the back of the pedometer that has the clip separated from the body of the pedometer. It seems that the little screws that hold the clip to the body came out and got lost. Now I have a pedometer in two pieces and no little screws to put it back together. I'm reluctant to buy this same device for the third time, though it worked well during its brief lifespan.

This pedometer works great! It doesn't overcount (like if I shake my knee) like many others I tried. The moderate step counter is great for walkers and aerobic exercisers who want to track their progress and be sure their pace is good. The calorie counts seem low compared to the elliptical machine or charts for exercise, but that should just make you want to work harder to get the count higher.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this thing is to work and how completely accurate it is. I work in a hospital and it clips and stays easily on my scrubs. I've already bought another one as a gift. One day I held it in my hand and walked over 300 steps with complete accuracy ... I can't ask for any better than that. The moderate steps feature is so important to me. There have been days when I felt like I was on my feet all day and my steps may have been near my 10,000 a day personal goal... but the moderate minutes were only 5-10. So I know that I still have some work to do to get to the 30 minutes goal of moderate exercise each day. I think it's a great motivator. - Walking - Fitness - Omron Pedometer - Step Counter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information