Thursday 31 March 2011

Mandy Cricket - kindle 3, kindle 3 covers


I ordered this accessory kit for my Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device on a whim. I already have the Kindle Leather Cover, but thought it might be handy to have some additional choices. So after receiving it and testing out everything here is what I can say about it all:



~ The Black, White, Blue & Purple Skins all fit very well and have the appropriate cut-outs. I like the feel of them and can see how these might be preferred to the leather case in some situations. Also because of the cut-outs you can still attach it to your regular Kindle case with the skin on.



~ Auto Car Charger works well and came in handy recently when I realized on the way to work that my battery was dead.



~ Home Wall Charger works just as well as the original one that came with my Kindle.



~ Screen protectors look like they fit just fine, but I don't feel a need to cover my screen so I haven't used them.



~ USB data cable worked for transferring a couple MP3 songs onto my Kindle.



~ Headphones although not the most comfortable ones, sounded good enough for occasional use.



When you consider buying all of these accessories separate, you would expect to pay much more for them which is what really sold me on it. I think this would make an excellent gift for the Kindle owner whether that is yourself or someone else. CrazyOnDigital Kindle 3 3G 3rd Generation Essential Accessory Kit. Bonus wristband inlcuded

I ordered this with a new Kindle for the purple skin, because it was cheaper than buying a full Kindle cover. Most of the other items are unnecessary: a USB cable and wall charger already come with the Kindle, and it has a built-in speaker, so the headphones are not required. As for a car charger, are you going to be reading books while you drive? Finally, the skins themselves have two of the page-turn arrows pointing the wrong way. You just have to ignore them and remember that the big button goes forward and the little button goes backward.

I bought this because it is cheaper than buying them all separately. Since I was the first to buy a kindle where I work, I gave/sold 3 of the covers since I only needed one (they do fit nice over the K-3, gives variety of colors, and keeps the K-3 from slipping from your hand). The bracelet was not necessary, the earphones are cheaply made, and I didn't want the screen protector on it (too hard to read, put on). Out of all that packaged deal I probably would only order a car charger, the rest is what you personally feel you want/need. I don't use my cover anymore because I bought a nice leather cover from Splash, but it is handy to put on if I'm not taking the K-3 anywhere. But since I'm a person that likes 2 of almost everything, I kept most of what was in this package! - Value - Kindle 3 - Kindle 3 Covers - Skins'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information