Thursday 31 March 2011

Robots - crafts, arts


I have 3 sons and this kit included 3 different robots to assemble. I loved shrinky dinks as a kid and my kids are asking for more now. They each picked a top, middle, and bottom to color, and then came the most fun...watching them shrink. We spent qualtiy time together as a family making shrinky dink robots. It was awesome! Shrinky Dinks - Robots

I bought this for my five year old daughter because I remembered making these as a kid. She loves to color and had a lot of fun coloring them in. They are precut unlike some of the kits of my childhood. Just a couple minutes in the oven and they had shrunk and flattened out just fine. I am looking forward to making more shrinky dinks with her.

I got these for a rainy day project for my 7-year-old son. We had a good time coloring in the shrinky dinks and he LOVED watching them bake in the oven. He was absolutely amazed at how small they got, and it was really fun watching him rediscover an old favorite of mine. On the other hand, once baked, there's not too much to do with these guys - if my son needed a keychain, these might be interesting, but the rings holding them together would probably not be durable enough to hold up for many trips in and out of a pocket. This is a great quality product - if they had just given us a better use for the end product, it would have been perfect / 5 stars.

My son was almost 4 when we made these, he didn't seem to get much enjoyment out of them. They were hard to color and he doesn't really color in the lines yet, so I ended up doing most of the coloring. If he was a little older then I think he would have enjoyed these more because he would have been able to color in the clothes/robot parts better.

My kids loved coloring the shrinky dinks and watching them in the oven; however, they curl up in the oven and don't flatten back out as the instructions say they will. We tried to flatten the second batch with a piece of paper (also in the instructions) and they broke. We had two different boxes - the pirates and the charms and both had the same problem. Big disappointment for the kids. Going back to the store and hoping to return. Not worth the money. - Shrinky Dink - Robots - Arts - Crafts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information