Thursday 31 March 2011

Mini Dv Tape - mini dv, minidv


I've been a professional video/TV producer most of my life. I still shoot a lot of mini DV format for webcasting - You Tube etc. I've experimented with other brands, but I've found Sony to be the most dependable, with the least amount of dropouts and other issues, over a period of 10 or 15 years of regularly using the format.



So this recent purchase I made of 20 cassettes at a great price gets 5 stars from me. I'll be buying from this supplier again! To check out professional footage on Sony mini DV in my home studio, search "timothy james dean channel" on u tube. The quality is excellent! Sony DVM60PR10KB 60-minute Premium DVC / MiniDV Tapes (10 Pack)

I should have bought a HD camera with a hard drive, but sense I bought a Canon HV30 I have to buy these. This is the best deal I could find. I buy a lot at a time because I know I will use them all eventually.

Sony put so many different labels on these blue covered tapes it's hard to know if you're dealing with the same item. I've been using a lot of these tapes and have had a lot of problems mostly in the VCR mode where the tape just hangs for a few seconds and starts again. I do my editing directly to a DVD recorder and this is very annoying because these stops are transferred to the final product. Sometines the camera stops working and tells me to reinsert the tape. This happens with no other tapes.

As the video guru at a small private college, I'm called upon to record and archive everything from guest lecturers to graduation ceremonies, and I like using one trusted brand of tape for all my cameras and to give crews when I contract for their services. By budgeting about $60 for tape on each project through Amazon, I always have fresh bricks of Sony DVC-60 cassettes on hand for large projects and everyday shoots. - Sony - Minidv - Mini Dv - Blank Media'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information