Thursday 31 March 2011

Laserjet Printers - duplex, hp


Solid, comfortable printer - nice "office" feel. Load up the drivers and away you go - at least with Mac - and through Airport. Other reviews make a fair point about being a bit noisy - I have it sitting on a fairly hollow wooden cupboard which may accentuate this issue. However for usual home printing regime I can't see this being a big issue for most. HP P2035 LaserJet Printer Monochrome

I have had this printer for several months and have only recently been printing stuff on a regular basis. The cartridge says it is good for 2300 pages, and that goes by quickly. The replacement cost is $83+ dollars, which is nearly half the cost of the printer. That is roughly 3.6 cents a page. I suppose this is okay, but $83 seems high to me. Must be fantastic technology involved.



Otherwise the printer works very fine.

Perhaps HP has had a bad run of late, but our first printer worked for 2 weeks before it started jamming. The replacement worked for 2 days before it started jamming. We opted to not try a third and went with another manufacturer, I would say avoid this printer until they iron out their feeding issues.

This printer is replacing an older version of a HP Laserjet printer. I wanted a small footprint, since I am limited for space. It is all that other reviews have indicated. It is fast, easy to set-up and install.

The only reason I give it 4 stars is that it is noisy for my home office, and I can only get 2500 page toner cartridges not 3500 page cartridges.

I can live with the noise if I get the great results in useability. I do recommend this printer.

I purchased this printer to function as a second printer when color is not required.



Set up is easy and went smoothly. Printing is fast, and quality very good to excellent. If you need a fairly low cost laser printer, this is a good one. I recommend it.

This is a very nice printer for the price. Of course you aren't going to get all the bells and whistles of a more expensive unit, but that is to be expected.



The print quality and print speed are more than adequate for office use. The paper for the manual feed tray comes in at an unusually steep angle, which makes loading the tray a little tricky, but it's not a real big issue.

I love this printer. I have been doing taxes for many years and needed to replace my old HP LaserJet. This printer is fast, produces quality prints, was easy to set up, and is reasonable priced. I would highly recommend it.

I purchased this printer 6 months ago and it has been a good solid printer. Recently I upgraded my iMac to Snow Leopard OS 10.6 and realized just about every driver for HP products is available except the P2035 and a handful of others. HP is working on a driver for Snow Leopard but does not have a date yet. If you have a iMac running Snow Leopard heads up!!!

I got this printer for $150 and thought it was a steal. It prints very well, although it's pretty noisy. However, after being aware for several years of the contradiction of cheap inkjets -- manufacturers would practically give away the printers because they charged roughly $3500 a gallon for ink -- I realize that I have been suckered. Yes, this printer is inexpensive, but it quickly runs out of ink and you have to buy the shorter-life, more expensive CE505A cartridges (about $88) instead of the more cost-effective CE505X cartridges (less than twice the price, but three times the number of pages). So if you want to be able to use the 505X cartridges, you should buy the printer that uses those. Also, Amazon doesn't sell the CE505A cartridges, so I had to buy mine from Staples. I hate feeling like a sucker!

This printer makes a hellacious noise every time the engine starts-which is every time it prints. The "quiet mode", a critical selling point for me, cannot be enabled on a Mac operating system, even though the advertising says the printer is Mac compatible. Which, if you don't mind the really unpleasant racket, it is. Even worse, the User Guide that came in the installation documentation specifically sets out the method for enabling quiet mode in Mac. It doesn't work-and can't be made to work in the Mac environment as the printer is delivered. After hours of trying to find a solution through Apple and HP Support, I was informed (by HP) that I can enable quiet mode on this printer only through a Windows environment, and then when I reconnect to my Mac, the printer will be in quiet mode. What a wonderful fix. When you make a statement in your advertising that is knowingly untrue, and you compound the misrepresentation by including a second misrepresentation in the User Guide, it is to my mind nothing less that a fraud. HP will have to pay me to have another of their products. You'd be better off buying a printer from a sleazy used-car dealer. - Hp - Mac Os X - Laserjet - Duplex'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information