Thursday 31 March 2011

Pepper Shaker Sets


These salt and pepper shakers are a great size. The screw on lids fit a little loose and didn't stay on very well. I corrected this problem by putting plumber pipe tape around the threads now the lids stay on tight. Also the holes are kind of big and the salt and pepper come out very fast so use caution when seasoning your food. Other than that I really like these shakers and I am glad I bought them. New Commercial Stainless Steel Salt / Pepper / Spice / Sugar Shaker, Shakers, Dredge, Dredges, Set of 2

I've gone through several salt and pepper shakers. Finally I found these on Amazon.com. They are just like the ones that my mom had when I was growing up. They are good quality. One thing to note is these do not have the "S" & "P" designation on the shakers.

Finally ~~!! A shaker that accommodates Sea Salt!

Great flow, so be cautious with application, though

easy to use and they look great on the stove top ~~

Super value for the price! A friend liked mine so

much that I had to give her one!!

I use kosher salt which tends to be bigger grained then regular table salt. I needed a shaker that had holes big enough for the kosher salt to fly out of and that is why I bought them. They are handy for near the stove for seasoning what ever I am cooking.

If you're like me and serious about your cooking, you have two sets if shakers in the kitchen. One set near or around the stove for cooking, and one for the table. These stainless steel beauties are definitely for the stove top. (The salt comes out much too fast for table top use.) Their big, very free flowing, and best of all they are made of a high polished stainless steel that will last forever and clean up like new with a damp cloth no matter what kind of sticky mess you make of them during the cooking process. Also, since their so free flowing they don't seem to be affected at all by the humidity that invades the air in the summer and tends to gum up the salt works. The only small downside I should mention about these shakers is that they are not labeled in any way. No S Or P or anything else. I found that to be of no problem since salt by volume is twice as heavy as pepper. Even half full I can easily tell when I am picking up the salt. If it all concerns you, attach a small sticker somewhere to tell the difference. This should in no way make any difference in deciding whether to purchase these fine shakers. They work flawlessly, will last a lifetime, and are very reasonably priced. Highly recommended....

I would definitely purchase from this seller again. Items were as described and I received them very quickly. As far as the shakers themselves I was a touch disappointed. They are pretty thin, not aluminum thin or anything, but thin nonetheless. The top of the shakers without their lids are very sharp. These would best be used for sugar and flour, but not salt or pepper.

They were inexpensive, so I didn't expect much. They will work for my purpose. It would be nice if there was a plastic lid so that they could be sealed closed. The holes are medium size and allow flour to shake out.

These aren't your kitchen table shaker set. They are designed to be generous and in a kitchen situation they are just perfect. Love em. Tight fitting lids , easy threads to open and close. Corrosion proof/resistant stainless steel. The only improvement I would suggest is to label the shakers....but even that would be difficult as they do so well at so many functions beyond just salt and pepper. So, if really needed, do what I did, use the p-touch and put a small label on each. From a foodie who loves to cook , these are great.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information