Thursday 31 March 2011

Jigs


Purchased the Big Horn Planer Knife Setting Jig from Amazon in order to change the knives in an old Powermatic model 100 12" planer. I was initially a bit hesitant to order this jig being concerned that it might be cheap imported junk with less than adequate magnet strength (there were no prior reviews to consider). The jig arrived quickly via free shipping. The magnets are in fact very strong and did maintain excellent contact with the planer cutterhead. The jig also held the 12 inch planer knives firmly in place while I tightened them. I would recommend this item. I have not tried similar items, but this is the cheaper option and got the job done to my satisfaction. Also the competition does not have the micro-adjustment and scale which could be helpful in some circumstances. Big Horn 19612 Planer Knife Setting Jig

I held off replacing/resharpening the blades on my planer as long as I could. I looked at other style jigs and the Big Horn type seemed to make more sense. They made the project easier and fast. I would not hesitate to reccommend them to anyone. The quality is excellent.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information