Thursday 31 March 2011

Inflatable Boats - boat, boating


My wife and I have used our Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 (called DragonFly 2 when we purchased it) for three years. It was one of the best purchases of outdoor equipment that we have ever made. Don't listen to snobs who put down inflatable kayaks. Unless you are doing serious treks that require cargo, the Lagoon or Lagoon 2 is all you need. My wife and I have used it at least 100 times in the ocean and on lakes throughout the Pacific Northwest. It is light, easy to inflate, durable and fun. Best of all it is very easy to store as it folds up into its own suitcase-size carrying case. And Advanced Elements customer service has been great whenever we have had problems. Only disadvantage versus other kayaks is that it could track a little better, particularly when it is new and the fin does not lay totally flat, and limited onboard storage space. But otherwise, we love it.

Get one and have some fun! Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 Person Inflatable Kayak

After returning a tadem kayak from another manufacture I was worried this too wouldn't be sturdy or durable. I am proud to say that I was wrong, very wrong. I purchased this kayak after reading some other reviews and for the price point - had it shipped to a friend in Hawaii 2 months befrore we even got there (ordered early so the product was in stock). My husband and I used this kayak in the ocean every day for the past 2 months! We were in calm seas, semi-rough seas, 6 ft. swells and in some pretty good surf, not to mention some really shallow spots too. We are both very impressed with the durability and sturdiness of this kayak. It was awesome and lightwieght to carry every day back and forth to the beach. I also paddled solo from both the rear seat and the front seat - it tracks through the water great - it isn't tippy like hard kayaks - we even went snorkeling right out of it and getting back in was easy. There is ample leg room and the seats are quite comfortable. This was the best purchase we made and really made our vacation enjoyable!!!!

Finally had the chance to take her out for a spin. Tracking was good, she was fairly fast and I was extremely impressed overall. I did have to wait nearly 15 minutes for a metal boat to clear the launch to get her out of the water...again Was worth the money and I am taking her back out tomorrow! - Boat - Inflatable - Boating - Boats'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information