Monday 28 February 2011

Beginners Guide - step workout, fitness


A tape of this nature is long overdue! While I am aerobically fit, I was always intimidated in step class, feeling like I have two left feet and struggling to keep up. This step tape enabled me to learn the basics - at a slow, comfortable speed and in the privacy of my home. Gin Miller is a wonderful instructor who provides very clear directions, repeats moves until you master them and is very encouraging. (Who better to teach this than the inventor of step aerobics?) If you ever wished you could learn stepping, at your speed and minus the embarassment of a class, then this is definitely the tape for you. Everybody Steps: A guide to step aerobics

I love this DVD. I'm overweight and a bit klutzy, and was always afraid to try step aerobics.



But this DVD really puts me at my ease. Gin Miller is fantastic. She is so encouraging and friendly, and her directions are so clear, that I really enjoy using this DVD.



What I like best is that different segments are aimed at different levels of exercisers. Right now, the first few segments are all I can do, but as I grow into it and become more fit, I will be able to do the later segments as well. In other words, this DVD is appropriate for all levels and you won't grow out of it!



I have to laugh when Gin Miller encourages the audience because her enthusiasm is charming ("Let's do double step touches, now. Want to??")

Gin Miller is excellent. She's funny and smart and is a good, effective instructor. Her manner is so informal and relaxed, that her dvds are easy to follow. This is a great dvd.

It's geared mainly for beginners - the choreography is basic and low impact, but you are going to work up a sweat. She explains all the moves really well, so if you are a beginner, you'll know the moves even if you haven't heard them called that before. You start with basic steps, and by the end of the workout, you will have progressed to full combinations and be a pro.

This is a good length workout - about 40 minutes not including warm up and cool down, but even if you are a step novice, you'll still burn fat and have fun. Gin knows her stuff and is very motivating without being pushy.

This DVD is great for those who have never done step aerobics and want to get the basics down before heading to a step aerobics class in a gym for the first time. But if you are at all familiar with step, this DVD will bore you to death with excessive amounts of step touches, basics, and knee ups. There are no challenging moves and way to much explanation for anyone who knows step.

This was just what I needed to help me break in the step I got for christmas! Easily taught me the steps in one workout. I will do it only a couple more times and then step up to a more challenging workout though...this doesn't get my heart pumping enough but I would never be able to follow any of my other step workouts without first having done this one! Great and perfect for first time steppers!

Thank God for this DVD! I have been working out for years, but have never done much aerobics because I am terribly, terribly uncoordinated! I bought a different step aerobics DVD and had the same experience I have in step classes - totally confused and frustrated. This video, however, REALLY starts you at the very beginning and teaches the most basic moves while still getting your heart rate up. If you have been discouraged with other step DVDs or classes, START HERE and after one or two attempts you will not feel like a complete moron anymore when it comes to stepping.

Gin's instruction is so well paced that it is easy to follow but not boring. Even though it is slower than what I am used to, I still work up a sweat. It is refreshing to be introduced to stepping moves by their respective names. This is the tape I will turn to first if I ever stop exercising for a while.

If you are trying out step aerobics for the first time, then you NEED this DVD. The instructor does an excellent job of teaching you at a comfortable but sweat-breaking pace. The workout is broken down into 10-minute increments, so you can increase as you get better. Not for anyone who already knows how to step.



5 stars.

Gin Miller's Everybody Steps is the perfect exercise DVD for those who are either starting out with the step or are getting back into it, like I am. I am 51 years old and currently 85 pounds overweight and this is the perfect DVD for me and just what I was looking for! I can successfully get through the warm-up period, Segments 1 and 2, then the cool-down period in 30 minutes and feel that I've had a great workout. In time, as I lose more weight and become more fit, I look forward to getting through the whole program. I highly recommend this DVD!

I had a lot of stepping experience, but hadn't really done any for about 2 yrs. Since I was so out-of-shape I decided to get some beginner step DVDs while updating from VHS to DVD.



Gin does a thorough job of demonstrating step moves, but surprised me with the pacing. Even doing basic stepping, she is on and off the board so fast I was afraid I would start tripping trying to keep up. I compared the pace with some more advanced step workouts had have gotten since, and they actually are easier to keep up with then this one!



Good workout to learn basic moves, but you better be in good shape! - Step Workout - Fitness - Gin Miller - Beginners Guide'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information