Monday 28 February 2011

Power Scrubber - scrubber, bathroom scrubber


I have used the Black & Decker Scum buster for years. I like these little power scrubbers better because:



1. It's smaller and more portable than the Scum buster.



2. It performs the same as the Scum buster, so if I can get the same cleaning power in a small handheld device, I will pick that anytime.



3. The Scum buster uses those proprietary Ni-Cad cylindrical batteries. Those are a specialized battery that you have to buy at Sears or the hardware store and they are expensive.



This power scrubber uses four AA batteries. We all have those around the house. Moreover, I use Sanyo eneloop rechargeable batteries which means I am never out of power.



4. What I really like is that this power scrubber is small, light and easy to use. You don't get tired using it. The huge Scum Buster eventually gets tiresome to use and it's awkward to handle.



5. B & D designed the Power Scrubber to spin fast and powerful enough to really scrub things, like pots and pans, tile, etc. But it does not spin so fast to where it would shoot water, cleanser, or whatever all over the place. It's speed is perfect for keeping the cleaning material in the pad and on the surface you are scrubbing.



6. This is perfect for its intended uses, scrubbing the sink, things in the sink and the shower/tub. I even used it on my tires!



7. Bonus Tip: I find it works quite well when applying medium pressure to the scrubber. It's powerful enough that when applying pressure it does not stall, it simply scrubs harder, which is what I want in a device like this.



8. And I like that it can stay submerged up to ten minutes (per the owner's manual). That means you can leave it in the sink with the water running without worrying about it shorting out.



Bonus Tip: In fact, the owner's manual says that if water does get into the battery compartment you only have to stop using it and let it dry out over night. How cool is that, not having to worry about water damaging the unit.



All in all a great device. It has saved me a lot of work in the kitchen. Black & Decker PKS160 Power Scrubber

I LOVE THIS ITEM....IT REALLY MAKES CLEAN UP'S A SNAP. I PURCHASED ADDITIONAL BRUSHES, PADS ETC., SO I CAN CLEAN BATHROOMS AS WELL AS THE KITCHEN BY JUST SWITCHING THE BRUSHES OR PADS. I JUST LEAVE THE ATTACHMENTS IN EACH ROOM.

I bought this for my wife to assist in cleaning the sinks, etc. It enables her to do it more efficiently because she does not have the strength in her hands, wrist, and arm to facilitate the job. She likes it and it saves a lot of time in cleaning.

I do admit to having fantasies about a motorized scrubber that would magically blast away all the hard water stains in my bathroom and kitchen. The Black & Decker Power Scrubber did not fulfill these. It did, however, make cleaning much easier after I had surgery on my shoulder.



The scrubber will do roughly about as good of a job as regular elbow grease. In some cases it has been very handy for getting corners or areas that are difficult to scrub. In other cases, I find I need to just use a scrubby sponge and do it myself.



This product would be awesome for someone with arthritis or who is physically inhibited. As mentioned, is also good for places that may be uncomfortable to get at, like the bathtub floor.



The scrubbing pad fits onto the device with velcro. I was a little suspicious that it would not hold, but it hasn't come off yet. The batteries are holding up pretty well. I am still on my first set. The rotation is not super fast but good. It doesn't slow down too much when putting pressure on it.

Black and Decker is such a good company, but I was not pleased with the power scrubber. Not powerful and not a good scrubber. And the pads wear out very quickly and are very expensive to replace. A motorized toothbrush works better.

I have had this scrubber for a long time and love it! I was surprised so many reviewers felt the power was inadequate because mine has been great, and I can be very particular about design. So, I wonder if the tool has been changed, since it was originally produced.

Mine cleans some areas better than I can, AND when it comes to a really disgusting area, I feel so much better having my hand farther away, so this area actually gets cleaned better and more often (like the part of a sink that goes down to the garbage disposal - yuck!). This may not be relevant to many, but for those of us w/ a weak stomach, it is a Godsend!

As I have aged, this scrubber allows me to clean quickly and efficiently, when I would otherwise, have been too achy.

Because this tool has a variety of attachments available, I get more "cleaning mileage" w/ fewer individual tools.

This scrubber is so helpful that I have one for every sink in the house, and an additional one for odd cleaning jobs, elsewhere!

The Black & Decker Power Scrubber is a fairly good value in that it does what is expected at a reasonable price. It enables those who need or want to save some "elbow grease" in scrubbing pans etc. We have a glass top stove that constantly needs to be cleaned with a special product that removes grease and other cooking splatters and leaves the surface with a shine. The Power Scrubber with one of the scrubbing attachments works extremely well on this type of job. Scrubbing pots and pans is much easier with the Power Scrubber than hand cleaning. Batteries last a reasonable amount of time unless you press upon the Scrubber with a high degree of force over a long period of time. If you hear the motor laboring, it means that you are using battery power at a level that will result in sooner replacement.



Conversely, I find it almost comical that our society has produced, and is using, such a labor saving device when all it takes is some muscular movement to accomplish the same result. There are some people who would benefit much more from this device because of arthritis or other ailment or injury. In this case the Power Scrubber is almost necessary. Fortunately my wife and I, though advancing in years, do not have such a need yet. We just use the device to make cleaning pots and pans easier and less mundane. - Scrubber - Cleaning - Cleaning Tools - Bathroom Scrubber'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information