Sunday 27 February 2011

Marshmallows - microwave, cooking


I ordered this for my three kids. We love roasting smores on a campfire but do not get to do that too often. When I saw the low Amazon price, I had my doubts. I was still so excited to try this out. It came in and the kids and I tried it for dessert. It was just as easy as promised. It took only 30 seconds to cook the marshmallows evenly and perfectly. The chocolate doesn't really start melting until you take it out of the microwave which is good. It is less messy that way.

I could not recommend this enough. We use ours very regularly. I have already bought three more as Christmas gifts. Wonderful, simple, inexpensive. What more could you ask for? Go get your own!! Progressive International GMMC-68 Microwavable S'Mores Maker

I got this as a joke gift (for my pregnancy craving of s'mores) and it actually works well. The plastic arms hold the crackers in place, and all of the s'more was evenly melted--with the crackers still crisp. I rated it 4 stars instead of 5 since it's really not much faster than making a s'more over a burner or fire. Still, the product does what it promises and makes a great s'more.

Sometimes I find a perfect device to entertain my grandchildren. But first the item must interest them, and second it must have some feature that leads to continuing use. Then Opa (grandpa), can entertain the kids.



This device meets my criteria. The S'mores maker cooks in the microwave. Preparing the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate can be taught in minutes. Then, I let them make their own s'mores, under my supervision (mostly because of the microwave).



Next, this device retains interest. Once the child eats the first S'mores, he is hooked. The child will want more. This works, and Opa is seen as the s'mores man. "Opa, can we make some `mores?" A delightful sound.



I really like this product. Sure, we could make the same snack by piling marshmallows and chocolate on graham crackers and putting them on a paper towel. But there is a special something about having a device. Children like devices. So for me, it is s'mores and grandchildren. I recommend this product. It leads to good time.

My brother loves making s'mores in the microwave, so I bought him this as a Christmas present. Even though it's not something that's 100% necessary, it was a funny little gift that is actually pretty practical. If you've ever made s'mores in the microwave before, you know that the marshmallow balloons out and you need to keep an eye on it as it "cooks." This little device stops that completely- you add water to the back part, which helps the marshmallow cook evenly, and the "hands" gently compress the s'more as it heats.



Personally, after having s'mores made both with and without this little device, I think the marshmallows actually taste better after using the device since they are more evely heated. The chocolate tastes better too since it has more time to melt. Of course, you can save $7 and still make s'mores without it, but if you know someone who loves s'mores, it's a cute and inexpensive gift idea. Highly recommended!

I can't put this any simpler: Perfect Smores. Every. Single. Time. There is no longer any need to go camping as far as I'm concerned. It is so incredibly easy to use. It's also a fun activity for kids. I'm a huge s'mores fan (favorite food on the planet). I was skeptical that this gadget would produce anything close to my idea of what s'mores should be. I was so wrong. The only difference between the microwave version and the campfire version is the marshmallow doesn't get brown. It does still get nice and gooey. Clean up is almost non-existent. When in doubt, throw it in the dishwasher (it's dishwasher safe). I don't know what I did before this. Suffer, maybe, and wish it were camping weather.

I had my doubts that this would work but I have not been disappointed. I'm only using a single square of chocolate with the smores and they come out great and consistent every time. I even bought a couple extra to bring to friends houses when we visit.

I wasn't sure about this and went back and forth about ordering it. The price was so low so I figured it couldn't work that well.

You simply fill the reservoir with cold water, load 1 smore under each arm and place in the microwave for 30 secs and the chocolate comes out nicely melted but not too much and the marshmallow is just cooked enough still soft. Yum! My 2nd grader can do it! - Chocolate - Cooking - Microwave - Dessert'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information