Monday 28 February 2011

Micro Sd Card - class 10, 16gb


According to the manufacturers of this card on their own forums, this does not work properly in Android or Windows phones. I guess it is a problem with the way this card is partitioned or formatted. Symptoms of the problem are regular freezing of the phone you put it in (requiring a battery pull to reset) and the card eventually becoming corrupted (losing all the data that is on it and requiring a reformat). On the official acknowledgement of the problems posted to their forums they give no indication of what we are supposed to do with these cards that don't work. It might be possible to repartition and reformat this card yourself to get it to work but I haven't been successful at that yet.



I'm not sure how a card that fails in the vast majority of devices you would use it in gets released and hasn't been recalled yet. It is too bad as Partiot is usually a decent manufacturer. I have contacted support asking them what I am supposed to do with my defective cards but have yet to get a response. I don't want to return them because these will be great cards when the problems get sorted out (they are very fast), but right now they are worse than useless as they make any device I put them in unstable and corrupt any data I put on them.



I definitely can't recommend this card right now unless you don't plan to use it in a phone or tablet (which is about the only reason I can think of to buy a microsdhc card).



Update: Patriot support was not able to help me but they said they were willing to RMA in exchange for a class 4 (which will hopefully work). Sure I paid for a class 10 and a class 4 would have been cheaper in the first place, but I just want something that works at this point so I am willing to swap for something slower if it fixes the problem. Patriot Signature 16 GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card PSF16GMCSDHC10

I was a bit skeptical when getting this card, because it is priced significantly less than other 16GB Class 10 cards on the market, but since it's a new product and it's for my phone, I was willing to take a bit of a gamble after seeing a couple of other positive reviews around the web.



I'm glad I did! This card performs great and gives me plenty of storage space. I ran one of the many available free benchmarking tools on it (you can find plenty on Google) and it wrote to all of the storage space to verify there were no problems with the card. It clocked the write speed at 11.6MB/sec, and the read at 17.5MB/sec, so the speed claim by Patriot holds up. I popped the card into my HTC Evo phone and it was great seeing how much faster applications stored on the SD card were loading up.



Note: I ended up buying the card on Newegg because it was quite a bit cheaper there than Amazon's current price, also with free shipping. However it looks like Amazon has accordingly dropped the price, so I recommend comparing the two before buying.

This card is super fast. My speed test on my HTC Evo 4g write =11mb/s and read= 15mb/s... I am very happy with my purchase. My old card was by sandisk 32gb class 2 and my speeds were write 8mb/s and read 1.75mb/s....great improvement!!!!



Side note I bought from NatechGadgets and my ordered was delivered 20 hours after I ordered it.



My best purchase this year!!!!!

I bought this for the same reason many people are picking it up...to boot OSes on the Nook Color. Sadly, it is incompatible with the NC's card reader. It works for some things, but not for all and data gets corrupted easily. I tried it in a Motorola Droid X with the same result. It's just not stable or reliable.

Worked perfectly fine for a couple of hours and was amazingly fast, but for whatever reason after I rebooted my phone (Samsung Galaxy S 4G) once I could no longer see the card from either my computer or the phone. I don't know if it just died or what but either way it became useless after that. At least Amazon has a good return policy.

Not much to tell. I needed lots of space for my phone and this is it. Registers as 30.91 GB and the fastest I got it to write at was 9.77 MB/s. I had bought a cheap class 2 off of ebay for $20 and it screwed up the same day I got it. Some things you just have to pay full price for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Found a program for testing memory cards and here are the results. Also, my card did screw up one time, but I don't know if it was the phone or the card. Reformatted and everything was okay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sequential Read : 19.882 MB/s

Sequential Write : 17.003 MB/s

Random Read 512KB : 19.642 MB/s

Random Write 512KB : 2.059 MB/s

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 4.254 MB/s [ 1038.6 IOPS]

Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.019 MB/s [ 4.7 IOPS]

Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 4.577 MB/s [ 1117.4 IOPS]

Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.026 MB/s [ 6.3 IOPS]



Test : 50 MB [K: 3.2% (1.0/30.9 GB)] (x1)

I bought this Class 10 16GB microSDHC card for my Motorola Atrix 4G phone. Having a relatively fast phone, I did not want to compromise on the speed of the SD card, so I opted for the class 10 (the class indicates minimum write speed). I was not disappointed:



AnTutu System Benchmark Results

- SD Card Write 12.1 MB/s

- SD Card Read 15.5 Mb/s



Based on other users' reports, this seems pretty good (SanDisk Class 4: W 9MB/s, R17MB/s; Wintec Class 10 32GB Micro SD: W8.7 MB/s; R16.0 MB/s)



The packaging said there's a 5 year warranty on the card, so that's nice. I haven't had a chance to test the SD card adapter (probably won't use it anyways) but they both came in a neat little plastic case which is useful for storage and carrying if the microSD card ever needs to be removed from the phone. - 16gb - Class 10 - Memory Cards - 16gb Sdhc Memory Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information