Sunday 27 February 2011

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditio... - wen, cleansing conditioner


I bought Wen Sweet Almond Mint because so many people (on here) said great things about it. I really didn't care for it. Keep in mind that all hair types are different and different things work for different people. That being said, my hair is pretty thick, medium length and dry. My hair is the type where the longer you wait to wash it, the more tame and beautiful it becomes, until it starts to get greasy at the roots. So I thought Wen would be perfect for me; conditioning with just enough cleanser. I used it how it says to and I was not impressed. My hair was pretty limp and weird after, like it wasn't really clean, even though I made sure it had been completely washed out. The trick to Wen is that it conditions your hair without harsh chemicals that shampoos use. As far as using cold water, people have been saying that for years about ANY type of shampoo. It's always better to wash with cold. If you are looking for a product like Wen, the best advice I can give you is to wash your hair less frequently and use a conditioner to "wash" it in between. So if you are washing everyday, wash every other day and on the days you aren't washing, rinse your hair with conditioner. That helps keep it clean, rinsing out excess dirt, while conditioning it and not putting harsh chemicals in your hair. I hope this review helps! Best of luck! Oh one more thing, the pump seriously sucks. It stopped working for me after the second wash (I still have plenty of product left).



I bought this through Amazon, no problems with shipping and the product came quickly! WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner 16oz

For more than a year I've been using WEN Sweet Almond Mint and Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioners, alternating between the two because my hair quickly gets product fatigue. Although I have an oily scalp and lots of fine, wavy dry hair, with WEN my hair is very soft and my scalp never feels greasy. I've been able to reduce the frequency of hair washing to every other day rather than daily because of this product. And although my hair gets curly and frizzy in humidity, since using WEN the frizz is gone and the curls are controlled.



There are some steps you can take to make your experience with WEN successful. First, if you have any questions about which of the Cleansing Conditioners is right for your hair type, visit the Chaz Dean Web site and use the Contact Us link to either call or e-mail them for advice. Then come back to Amazon to place your order. Second, read the ingredients lists that Amazon includes on the product pages. If you're allergic to any of the ingredients, don't purchase the product.



Third, once you've received your product, watch the Instructional Videos on the Chaz Dean Web site. Each begins with a ~30 second promotional message, but then they show you step-by-step how to use each product. These videos are the reason I stayed with WEN Cleansing Conditioner. When I first started using the product, I wasn't using enough and I wasn't applying it correctly. Consequently, my hair felt waxy, though it was soft and it styled more easily than it did with traditional shampoos. Since watching the videos and following those instructions, I've had no difficulties with the product.



Finally, once you learn how to use the product, find what works best for you. Maybe you need less or more, maybe it works as a leave-in, or maybe not. It shouldn't take you long to fine-tune your perfect cleansing routine. The longer you use the Cleansing Conditioner, the better it performs, and the more you'll love your hair.

I used the WEN sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner about 5 times. I didn't notice any strong smell of anything (it neither smelled like sweet almonds nor did it smell bad, it has a lotion consistency). I have long, fine, fairly healthy hair and used about 16 pumps of it. As stated it didn't lather up which didn't bother me. I know it states to use a lot more pumps of it but quite frankly with long hair the 16 oz bottle would be empty by now would I have followed the directions and its just too expensive to only use it for a few washes. After rinsing it out my hair felt soft. After towel drying my hair, combing through it seemed easier. I applied a couple of WEN pumps as a leave-in conditioner and let my hair air dry. Once my hair was dry it looked just like I had used my usual DOVE shampoo, perhaps slightly softer. I didn't notice any more shine after using WEN. So all in all, for me the results were not dramatic enough to justify spending that kind of money especially since with long hair you will go through this stuff in no time. I liked the 2-in-1 concept (shampoo and conditioner), since it's saving time, however, I believe you probably do better with this product if you have more damaged hair than me and blow dry your hair.

I had really high hopes for this product after watching the infomercial. I have naturally curly hair and I'm always looking for products that will give me frizz control without weighing my hair down or making it crunchy. This product smells great, but it made my hair look greasy even without using it as a leave-in conditioner (and I don't have oily hair). It also left it twice as frizzy, regardless of which products I used after washing. My hair was definitely softer than before, but completely out of control.



The styling cream seems like it could be a decent product on its own, but beware of using with any other products as it will congeal and leave you with little gelatinous chunks in your hair!



I think that for someone with straight hair, this would probably be a decent product. It smells great all day, make your hair soft, but it just doesn't control the frizz. I can't recommend it to anyone with naturally curly hair. - Wen - Shampoo - Curly Hair - Cleansing Conditioner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information