Monday 28 February 2011

Drywall Saw - drywall, stanley hand tools


I have a 40 year old house that I have been doing a bit of work on - including adding outlets and wiring for data ports among other things. I picked this little wall board saw to help in these efforts and I am truly impreressed with its performance. The teeth cut VERY agressively, which is a huge plus when you have a lot of holes to cut. I am also very pleased with the comfort of the handle and the fact that the blade is rigid enough to "jab" it through drywall without having to drill a starter hole.



All in all this saw is a great performer and worth every penny. Stanley 20-556 6-Inch FatMax Jab Saw

I don't remember exactly what project I bought this saw for, but i've been using it quite a bit in my back yard! The teeth are great and it saws quickly. I have been trying to plant a lot lately and i have too many roots in my back yard from the previous owner. I just stick this saw in the ground (of course knowing there aren't any pipes in the area!) and saw on through the pesky roots...I have used this saw more than my other hand saws for other odd projects as well. Comfortable and a great tool - even after using this saw on ALL KINDS of stuff, teeth are still running strong...

As a contractor for 15+ years, I've owned a number of drywall saws. While they're inherently "low-tech" devices, this Stanley stands out... Sharp tip, 2 rows of serrated teeth, and the back of the handle doesn't destroy your palm when you try to get the blade started... My $0.02.



I've owned a few of these, and many others including Kobalt brand, Greenlee, etc. Klein is the only one that compares (it's basically the same design but costs more). I'll stick with the Stanley...

I love stanley products and this saw is great and sharp and no sheath!! My old husky that this replaced came with a sheath so I just used that but I can't believe stanley would sell this without one. That's just makes no sense to me.

I was creating a couple of openings for new electrical sockets in my home; I had started them by drilling smaller holes around the area I needed to saw out, and though I was using a fairly sharp drill bit, it was quite a task to drill all the way through the 2-layer, 1" thick drywall I was up against. Enter Fat Max... and I mean that literally. That little sucker tore through that drywall like it was French bread, and I was done with both openings in less than five minutes, with much less effort than I expected it to be. This is my first experience using a saw like this, and its ease of use is already giving me more ideas for home improvement. My landlord will just have to deal with it.....

I've been using this saw for the past few months and love it!



It's great for punching small holes as well as cutting large sections of drywall. It also works well at cutting plastic gang boxes (don't ask... the people who built my condo apparently didn't understand the concept of 90 degree angles).



If you need to do any drywall work, get this saw. You won't regret it!

This isn't much of a big deal in tools. When I started making holes in the walls of our house my wife was freaking out! :) I just told her not to worry, and they would be covered. In the end this tool did the job, and did it well. My wife was also happy in the end as well. - Drywall - Handsaws - Hand Tool - Stanley Hand Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information