Sunday 27 February 2011

Laptop Ac Adapter - ac adapters, ac power supply presario c700


This unit is NOT genuine Compaq as promised. It looks just like the other less expensive generic replacement adapters shown elsewhere on Amazon. It seems to work for now but is cheaply made. It's also twice the size of original - not a plus! Genuine Compaq Presario C500 C700 C300 AC ADAPTER

I was initially concerned about some reviews about it not being a genuine HP charger, but took the chance anyway and I am glad I did. It is an actual HP charger that looks just like the original charger does down to the details on the label. However, unlike the original charger, or the second charger HP sent me under warranty, this charger actually works. I have been using it quite frequently over the last month and there is no heating up like others have described. I would strongly recommend this charger to anyone with a C700.

I ordered this item to replace a cheap replacement adapter which died after a year. After reading some of the other user reviews, I was concerned this would not be an original HP piece of hardware but another cheap knock-off. I was pleased when I received the unit and it was just as advertised. I would definitely recommend this item over the generic replacement - it's worth the extra money.

This comes as depicted in two pieces - the power cord which plugs into the AC outlet and also into the adapter (which also plugs into the laptop connection). This appears to be OEM in every respect except one-the power cord appears a bit shorter than the previous one that came with my HP C502US laptop. This adapter also has 'HP' right on the rectangular power pack itself, so I'd say it's genuine. This is my third adapter as the connector cord, the piece that fits into the laptop itself, starts to fray but that is due to operator error. Just try to keep it plugged in straight (unlike me) and not bend it and it will last a long time. I've had my HP laptop for 3.5 years and it just keeps going-it's the adapter connector (as noted above) that goes with time, and individual usage - which is a small price to pay. This adapter gets 5-Stars because it was in brand-spanking new condition, OEM, inexpensive, packaged well, and shipped promptly.

I bought this product back in October. In February, the piece that plugs into the computer jack broke off in my computer! When I contact Genuine Adapters about the issue, because this product has a 12 month warranty, they said they would replace it. I sent the item off back in February, still have no replacement or refund, and I cannot get a response from anyone! Do not purchase from Genuine Adapters- Thieves, Crooks, and terrible cheap products! Spend the money for a new one!

Before getting this AC Adapter for my Compaq C500, I had purchsed another generic adapter from Ebay and it broke 2 times.

I spend a little more in this Genuine Compaq/HP Ac Adapter but not I have been working great for amost 2 months. I highly recommended that is why genuine is way better.

Received the adapter today, works great (although I'm not yet convinced its even charging my battery), only thing is, its not a genuine Compaq as described. It just says 'Replacement AC Adapter'. A little unhappy about that but it works. - Laptop - Laptop Charger - Ac Power Supply Presario C700 - Ac Adapters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information