Monday 28 February 2011

Hands Free - adapter, hands free


This product does not work. I thought I would try it, since it seemed like a great idea. Either the other person cannot hear me, or they hear their own voice very loudly as an echo right after they speak. I tried it on several phones.



When you call the 877# to contact them for a return guess what? No one is every available to take your call - surprise! You have to email them to even get a response. Will let you know how the return procedure goes (if they bother to respond to my email request for a return). Headset Buddy Adapter: 2.5mm Headset to RJ9/RJ10 Phone Jack, 2.5mm to RJ9 Adapter, Not RJ11

I was really excited to receive this product, but was instantly sorry I ordered it due to the fact that it is unusable. Even with out a headphone plugged in, there is a slap back echo for the person on the other line. I tried it on different phones and used different headsets and there was no change.



By the time you factor in shipping, this adapter costs $20. I was expecting a higher quality product and was greatly disappointed.

Ordered 2 of these to test our old 2.5mm headsets with our new phone system that requires RJ9 headset connections. no problems whatsoever....so much cheaper to order these adapters than ordering the amplifiers and headsets from plantronics just for this new phone system.



was skeptical until they got here...now ordering at least 30 more.

I recently picked up this item much in the fashion of the other reviewers. I have an Aastra 6755i desk phone at work. I have been excited (and still am!) to get a headset at a reasonable price that will help me accomplish my goal of being a little bit more productive during the work week.



The Headset Buddy was a total let down.



Like the other reviewers, I could only HEAR but not be HEARD (my teachers in high school would have loved this!) I purchased a Plantronics mono headset to use with the Headset Buddy (Model M214C) and it was a total bust. My excitement turned into disappointment pretty quick.



I'm an optimistic guy, and I figured there were 5 negative reviews and 2 positive at my time of purchase. I thought I might be in the "positive review" club. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson. I would respectfully recommend that you look at another option before TRYING this one. Call your phones manufacturer and find out what they have that will be compatible for SURE. At this point, Ive tied up too much of my valuable time dealing with this mess. I would have much rather paid the extra cash for something that actually MEETS MY NEEDS!

I got 2 of these that a colleague also ordered. His worked, my two didn't, and we use the same office phones. Headset Buddy had no answers and just gave me my money back. That didn't help, since I then had a useless headset and amp. So I had to actually rewire this thing to get it to work. I think the vendor switched what they supply for this part number between the time my colleague and I bought it. Stay away.

The product works fine for a 2.5mm headset. I was intially worried that the cord would be too loose and disconnect, but I have had this product for about 2 months now without any issues. I have had no complaints from the other end about poor sound quality, and I have had no issues as well.

I used this cord with the Plantronics M210C (Only $10) and a Shoretel 230 phone and have no problems with the cord whatsoever.

I ordered one of these in order to have hands free conversations and to do dictations from any regular phone. I replaced the handset with this jack and a headset. The sound was good but no one could hear me speaking. - Mike H. - Adapter - Hands Free'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information