Monday 28 February 2011

Right Angle Drill - close quarters electric drill, neiko tools


The drill has a lot of power but is a little bulky. It could be redisigned, however, for the price you just can't beat it. If you use a right angle drill all day long then perhaps you should upgrade. However, if you are like me and use it infrequently, but still need a right angle drill for the occasional jobs, this is the drill. Neiko 3/8-Inch, 55-Degree Close Quarters Right-Angle Drill - Pistol Grip

The drill only looks like it would work but does not. It spins like any other drill but when you put it up against a stud to drill the chuck does not spin. The motor sounds fine but the mechnical parts inside the drill do not spin under pressure. Save your money and do not buy this drill!

Like the old saying - you get what you pay for. Sure, it works fine, but watch out if you are looking for a variable speed drill. The trigger on this thing is either on full speed or off. It is very hard, or impossible to try to control the speed. Also, don't think that you'll get a keyless chuck, or one you can operate with your hand. You have to have the key, like the old style. Other than that, it works fine - like I said, you get what you pay for.

I bought this drill in July 2008, I literally used it to drill approx 18, 1/2in holes. Then the gear stripped out. When I contacted the company, within one year of purchase, I received no response. Needless to say I will not do business with this company or refer this product to even the novice, save your money and buy a better drill. I found a refurbished Dewalt for around $100. Pay a little more and you'll be happier in the long run.

This drill appears to be fairly well-made. I bought it for a specific task and it performed flawlessly. I already know of at least two more projects where this "close quarters" drill will come in handy. Since I will be generally be using this drill rather sparingly, I'm glad I bought this one instead of a higher priced one, as it does everything asked of it, and I expect it will probably last me a lifetime. And if not, well, at least it didn't cost very much.

Faced with trying to run a new 110v outlet involving drilling through a stud, I needed some type of right-angle drill to enable doing this through the wallboard cutout for the outlet. This close-quarter drill did the trick.



Not sure about the "professional grade" label, though, since the gears in the drill did make some grinding noises which make me wonder about durability -- but, still was working effectively after putting the 3/4" hole where I needed it! So, definitely recommended, at least for moderate-demand uses.

I power sand all my woodturnings. The dust does eventually kill all drills used like this, so life expectancy is a few months. But the same was true with my Milwaukie angle drill also, so at 1/4 the price, these drills are worth it. Sanding drills have gone from a tool purchase to a regular expense. The tool repair guy I talked to said there are no drills on the market that won't die from sanding dust, so I'm set on using these drills for my sanding. I have no idea how they'll hold up to heavy drilling. - Close Quarters Electric Drill - Electric Drill - Neiko Tools - Right Angle Drill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information