Sunday 27 February 2011

Belkin Components - wrist rest, belkin


It is a mouse pad made by Belkin, which has a reputation of making reasonably priced and acceptable products. I have had it for a few days, some reviews say they couldn't live without it, some say it is too hard...this is my two cents:



Comfort level: C+ - I see some reviews that say it is too hard, but I don't think so. It is gel and it needs to be a little hard to maintain it's shape. It does not feel like a pillow. If it did feel like a pillow, it would lose its shape and become flat where your wrist laid and fluffy on the sides. I have used it for an hour or two at a time and I think it's nice for the price. I have it on a end table beside the couch and my had goes to sleep if I don't pick it up every 4-5 minutes, but I can't say that is uncommon for a mouse pad of this type.



Functionality: A+ - I have been using this mouse pad with a laser mouse and it works flawlessly. I do not know what to say except that it does the job as far as I am concerned.



One more comment...The bottom of this thing is tacky. When I say tacky I don't mean that it is not very fashionable, I mean that it sticks to crap like crazy. It will not slide on any surface under normal conditions.



Durability: I have had it for just a few days, but it does seem to be a fairly durable product. It seems to be covered in a neoprene type cover. I think you could spill anything on it and simply wash it out and dry it, though I have never done it. I think if you were wearing a watch on your mouse hand, mine is on the right, the wrist pad covering would be gone in a couple of weeks of moderate use.



Overall: I recommend this mouse pad for the price. I have not had a lot of experience with mouse pads with a pad for the wrist, but I am glad I switched over. I don't know what to tell you if you will be using it for eight hours a day, but for the recreational net surfer, it is one heck of a mouse for your money and I plan on using mine for at least the next couple of years. So, if you want a flashy, custom colored mouse pad with memory foam then you need to spend more money, but if you want a good mouse pad for your hard-earned money, then go with this Belkin. Belkin F8E262-BLK WaveRest Gel Mouse Pad (Black)

I loved these mouse pads, have used them for years. I just bought a new one, my fourth, and found that Belkin has changed them. The quality is entirely different and cheap now. The weight is much lighter (the top corners don't even lay flat), the gel pad feels like a brick, and worst of all the surface is so reflective that my optical mouse does not track properly on it. As mouse pads go, these are pricey (but used to be worth it) and so I am very disappointed to see Belkin cut quality like this and rip off a longtime (now ex-) customer. It feels like they switched to a two-dollar mouse pad that they still want to sell at the old price.

I was starting to get wrist pains with my mouse hand ("oh no! Carpal tunnel!") so I ordered this pad.



It seems small at first glance (maybe 3 mice wide), but it's all you'll need. The rubber texture on the bottom side keeps the pad stabilized on your desk. The top side is a soft fabric, so even though the wrist area's "gel", it feels natural and you forget that your wrist is elevated after a few minutes.



It's incredibly simple and works as advertised; I wish I'd coughed up the $5 for one of these a long time ago. Very good product.

ok first of all the mouse pad is smaller than you think, which is bad if you are going to game with it.



Second, the synthetic material they used feels really nice to the skin and is the main reason why I picked this mouse pad.



However, it is easily the worst material possible as a mouse surface. I CANNOT use ANY wireless optical mice on this surface. I tried 3 and the mice stop responding when used on this surface.



Also from what I can tell, it causes a LOT of friction which means it takes more effort to move the mouse across the pad. I can actually HEAR the mouse when I move it around.



The only positive feedback I can give is the shape,size, and feel of the wrist support. which is exactly what I was looking for.



In the end, I cut off the pad area from the wrist support and stitched my old mouse pad onto the wrist support.



seriously tho... a mouse pad that doesn't work? wtf?

This looked exactly like the mouse pad I was replacing, but the the laser optical on my mouse doesn't work well with it and it's been sitting on my office floor since the day I got it... too inexpensive to return.

I rarely leave product reviews but felt compelled to do so given that I am very pleased with this product. I spend a lot of time working on my computer and have recently started experiencing pain in my hands. After getting this mousepad - problem solved! No more pain! Now I need to get one for my keyboard! - Mouse Pads - Ergonomic - Belkin - Wrist Rest'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information