Tuesday 30 November 2010

Cell Phone Accessories - car charger, cell phone accessories


I bought it to charge our iphones in the car, or an iphone and ipad. Its not clear in the description if it works with those (some don't) and found out when I got it that only ONE of the two ports works for these devices, and the other port doesn't (it says so on the device itself too). It was so cheap it was worth the experiment, but doesn't work for its intended purpose of charging both our phones at once in the car.



** Update **



Used it once, and worked for a while and quit while on a car trip. Took it apart and found a bad solder joint. Re-did that, and it worked for a hr more or so, then quit altogether.... Skip this one and just get a Griffon charger; worth the extra money. 2-Port USB Car Charger Adapter for MP3, Cell Ph,...

I needed a dual usb charger for a trip I went on. I ordered this because of the price and reviews. So far it has worked great. It does feel a little cheap so I am worried about the long term use, hence the 4 stars.



Pros: Works and is cheaper than most of the competitors.



Cons: Cheap feel.

Is somewhat long so if you have a gear shift close to your dc outlet as I do, then it is a tight

fit in park. I had to keep unplugging my ipod when I put the car in park.



EDIT:

I have now taken it on 3 separate trips and it works great. It has yet to fail anytime I plug in my phone and ipod. I keep it in my backpack and it hasnt broken yet so I think it is worth the money.

No way was u gonna pay $40 somtlething dollars for an iPhone charger, especially not one of those over priced ones from Apple. For about FIVE DOLLARS I get a TWO phone chargers because of this USB charger. Love it. Works great. Love it.

I purchased this charger thinking it was cheap enough to give it a try without too much worry. I plugged it in for the first time and it started charging my iPhone 4. After a couple of minutes the phone beeped and when I looked at it, it wasn't charging any more. Assuming it was just a bad connection in the cigarette lighter, I looked at the charger and noticed that the red LED was still lit. Two seconds later smoke started coming out of the charger. It was fried. The good news is I'm not out too much money, and best of all, it didn't damage the iPhone.

Hi B0ught it with intention that it will be helpful for charging i-phone while driving along with My GPS. But only one port work at a time ,you either can charge Phone or GPS. Not of use for which i ordered it ..totally waste of money

I bought this to charge my blackberry torch and itouch. However, the power for one of the outlets is not enough to charge either item. When I plug it in a message pops up, "not sufficant power source" So I'm glad I can still use the one side, but not what I was hoping for. - Iphone - Cell Phone Accessories - Usb Adapter - Car Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information