Monday 29 November 2010

Picture Hanging Materials - 3m sawtooth picture hanger, picture


Since I discovered 3M Command hangers, I will never use anything else. 3M makes a good variety of hangers from hooks, to Velcro type interlocking beads rather than hook and loop, to stick on, etc. Do you have a claw type hanger at the top of your picture? There's a hook made just for that, and a wire on the back of you picture? There's a hook just for that. too. And no attachment? Use the Velcro type. I was actually able to attach pictures to the side of my china cabinet without a single hole or nail. It's like using double stick tape that releases to remove without any damage. You could actually attach something to a window it you wanted to! This stuff is great. I even gave one to my carpenter to try as he was so impressed with it. It's a must try. Just be sure to follow the removal instructions to the tee. Command 17040 Sawtooth Picture Hanger with Adhesives Strips, 1 Hanger 2 Strips

***UPDATE 2011***

The previous review was on semi gloss paint in a bathroom. I don't know if they've changed the product or if they don't stick to flat paint as well, but I used new strips to hang much lighter pictures (no glass, just canvas) and had them crash to the floor less than a week later. I tried again, thinking maybe I had misapplied the strips, but no, a month later, they fell again. Back to nails. 2 stars now.



I used these strips to hang framed, glass front pictures in my house about seven years ago. The all worked great, but last week, one crashed down and two days later, a second one fell. Just remember to replace every few years and you'll be fine. They're perfect for temporary situations, like rentals. The adhesive pulled right off and the wall was unmarked. Minus one star for not warning on the package that they don't last forever.

I purchased this products from various venders through Amazon.com.



The product is great! I use this stuff to hang picture with wooden frames, clothes, almost everything! And one thing I love about this product is that I don't have to use any nails and hammer to the wall...Especially because my wall is made up of material that crumbles easily when punctured.



But I found that purchasing this online to be a bit expensive versus purchasing at the store.

These were great while they lasted. Easy to go on and no nail holes to worry about patching later. Within the last 2-3 weeks i have had 3 different frames fall off the wall and break from smashing into the floor. I used the perscribed number of velcro strips, so its not like i was skimping on them, and there's no evidence to suggest that using any extra ones would prevent failure. The little bit of time saved by not having to patch nail holes is definitely NOT worth the cost of replacing those three frames. Do yourself a favor in the long run....DONT USE THESE. Also, 1 or 2 nails are way cheaper than these things.

I bought this thinking it would help not having holes in my walls. Well. if it sounds too good to be true then..... This product was hard to use then when I followed the directions and hung the picture it crashed and broke not 10 minutes later. I then went to remove the strip from the wall that "will not harm your wall" and guess what? The strip came off with a whole lot of the paint from the wall. I caused more damage than if I had just used a regular hanger. Do not waste your time or money. I am out the price of the hangers PLUS the price of having to have the picture frame repaired from falling off the wall.

I have ordered these before and the first one is still doing it's job in my travel trailer. Generally I remove the picture from the wall when I move the trailer, but I forgot this last and thankfully the picture hanger did it's job. The picture remained on the wall. - 3m Sawtooth Picture Hanger - Picture - Picture Hanging Materials'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information