Monday 29 November 2010

Iphone 3g Battery


The picture shows the connector and ribbon cable pre-attached. In fact, the battery comes "naked" with a ribbon cable that does not match the size of the original, and no connector at all.



Apple uses lots of really good tape to mount the original battery, it's impossible to remove it without destroying it. Significant soldering is necessary to salvage the original connector, and it is only possible if Apple didn't glob glue all over the connectors making it impossible to de-solder.



[...]. An iPhone with a worn out battery is still more functional than one with no battery. Li-Ion Replacement Battery Compatible With Apple iPhone 3G

I was a bit hesitant after reading a few of the reviews, but went ahead anyways. The battery was not "naked" when received. Came as shown, dropped into place, after removing double sided tape backing, put phone back together and it turned on no problems. Thanks for the item.

My iphone 3G had become unreliable because the original battery would no longer hold a charge. During my research to replace the battery, I was led here. The Apple store kindly recommended replacing the phone as they do not replace batteries. I was not ready for that as the iphone is great when it is charged! Replacing the battery was a snap and I had it done in 10 minutes. I wish I would have done this sooner.

Purchased and installed this battery in my iPhone to find out it absolutely does not hold a charge - a waste of my time and money spent on this item. Had to hurry out and get a different battery 6 hours before leaving for Asia. Don't buy this product.

I purchaced this item because I wanted to extend the life of my phone...the battery arrived, was easy to replace with on line instructions & video. Unfortunatly, my phone had bigger issues and is slowly expiring. The product itself was excellent and my phone issues are not a result of the product.

Got product as described. Cell battery and special 'equipment'. No instructions though, but i could find them online easily. One month now, and the battery is still charging. easy installation. Highly recommended.

The battery came with all the tools and the proper pigtail in place. It also had the adhesive tape on it that I needed to attach it to the body of the iPhone. The only thing lacking were instructions, but they don't say that they are included and you can good ones online anyway (make sure they are for the right model). The battery replacement took a little time: there are many little cables that needed to be disconnected. Once you get to the battery though, replacing it was easy. Putting everything back was a little tricky too, it didn't work the first few times for me.



So this swap is not for the faint of heart, but the item itself was flawless. I went from having less than 15 minutes talk time on a full charge and the phone shutting off when I used the web or google maps to the phone running for 2 days straight without a charge. The new battery is great and is holding the charge perfectly. It has made my phone functional again.

This item only came with one screw driver and the wedge, which is not as it was advertised. This is not enough to replace the battery. You need all the parts advertised, and I suggest you try to find some instruction somewhere. Plus, as other reviewers have said, the battery cemented to the back of the phone. Nearly impossible to remove. I say "nearly" because apparently some others have figured out how to get the battery detached. I was very gentle. Then gave up because I did not want to break the phone, but alas, slight tampering with the phone broke the home button. Now, I get to through my phone in the trash.

The installation is not for the "faint hearted". As recommended in other reviews, view the YouTube instructional video a few times.

Once reassembly was completed, the IPhone was as good as new. Possibly better.

The battery I received was fine and had the cable attached, ready to install. It did not include the dis-assembly tools as indicated however. I immediately ordered the tools from another vendor but wasted a week. If I had realized the tools were not included I would have ordered them and had installed the battery that weekend. Meh.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information