Monday 29 November 2010

Green Laser Pointer


Got my laser very quick. This laser claims to be 100mW. Not sure if that's true. I have a 125mW laser that can cut electrical tape and is extemely bright. This laser will not pop balloons or burn through plastic. Even when laser is put on skin there is very little heat. For $36 this is a great laser and a great bargan for the price but it is no way close to 100mW's. I have collected green laser since they first hit the market 10 years ago and I am very familiar with laser power output. I recomend you do buy this laser for being very powerful for $36 but don't expect this to be a burning machine like you would expect from a 100+mW laser pointer. 100mW 532nm High Power Fixed Focus Green Laser for Astronomy, Military, Law Enforcement Use.

For the price, this is a very bright laser! I had bought a similar product from eBay years ago (in the range of $40-$50 I believe) and this product definitely outperforms it. I use this product mainly to point out stars and it serves its purpose very well.



I do not know what the requirements (in mW) for popping balloons or cutting electrical tape are, but this, unfortunately, does neither. That said, I can still clearly shine on an object miles away at night. During the day, the dot is still visible within 300ft or so. If there were an easy way to measure the mW I would post that info here, but after searching around the web, I was not able to find any way to do so.



All in all, it's a great pen for the price. Popping balloons would be a fun party trick (perhaps there is a way to mod this?) but for my purposes, it works great and I would buy it again!

I read the reviews and was wishy washy about this, but I decided to go for it.



AWESOME and worth it. I can shoot this thing extremely far and my friend like 9 blocks away can see the dot hitting a water tower.



**GET RID OF THE BATTERIES WHEN YOU GET IT** the ones they give are utter crap, and I put Duracell ones in and it worked literally 10x better.



I can pop balloons with a black dot on it, and I can make paper smoke. I haven't burned through paper, but it DOES smoke when there's a black dot.

This is a good laser, 100mw? Probably not, but probably between 50-100. What makes me give a 5 star rating though is the customer service. Bynovel has had by far the best customer service that I have experienced. I first bought a laser and was not happy with my use of 40$, with the shipping, and emailed him about it. I shipped him the one I was not happy with, and received a different one that is much better. For this level of customer service, bynovel deserves 5 stars, and the laser is pretty good quality as well.

After having ordered and received a less expensive green laser pen from Amazon that was just pathetic, I ordered this one. WOW! What a difference! This thing is BRIGHT! Where the cheap one was barely visible, this puppy really screams. My only criticism is that at 30 feet, the dot is about the size of a nickel. It isn't pinpoint, that's for sure... but it does what I need it to. Arrived promptly and in good condition, I'm very pleased.

I have 4 other lasers at 100mW, This is the first to pop a black balloon under 45sec. For a 100mW this is feat. The product is VERY sturdy, Button is 100% on, or 100% off. The batteries that come with are great. I used them to test it. After 10minutes of constant use, the laser only shows 80-85mW (min). When I added Energizer Lithium Ions, the lowest was 89mW. For anyone new to lasers, this is high quality. A lot of lasers start losing a lot of power after 3-4min of constant use, but not this one! It can burn electric tape, which is a bit shocking since it's only a 100mW laser. The impact point is tiny, focused, and very little light escape around the impact point; This increases your chances of burning thing.



Lastly, at night the laser is brilliant! As far as I can tell the laser doesn't 'unfold'. The beam is very visible. In-door the impact point illuminates the room. Which brings me to say: If you use this laser in door BE CAREFUL, I would strongly advise goggles. I can't look at the dot (impact point) for more than a few seconds, It's 'that' bright!



In my honest opinion, you will NOT be finding a laser of this quality anywhere else for the price. I have a laser from -Wicked lasers- of the same power, and this one is brighter.



Very Sturdy, Very Bright, Well built, Solid performance, Just too good to be true!

I am happy with the laser that I got. Can't comment on accuracy of the power rating of the laser however with a fresh set of batteries it is able to pop black balloons and burn small holes through thin black plastic. Not near powerful enough to cut through electrical tape but at this price I wouldn't expect it to. The batteries that were included were pretty weak but most batteries that are included with electronics/toys are usually cheap junk batteries anyways so no surprised there. It was much better once put a fresh set of batteries in them! Got it through ByNovel and I am very happy with the product and service from them.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information