Monday 29 November 2010

Fitness Lifestyle - fitness ball, medicine ball


No problems with delivery. At first it felt like a big hard block, then I remembered to inflate it a little. Feels great, exercises muscles in a very different way than regular weights. Have had it about a month, air pressure is holding up nicely. Valeo WFB8 8 lb. Weighted Fitness Ball (8 lb)

I do not like this ball because it is filled with sand that sloshes around as you move the ball. It is very annoying. If the sand completely filled the ball, it would be acceptable. I think I would prefer a medicine ball-which is actually what I thought I was getting anyway.

I love the Valeo fitness ball, my only problem is that when it came it was extremely deflated and nothing like the image on the site. I wasn't expecting to have to purchase a pump to go with the ball. Would probably not buy this product online again.

I purchased these inexpensive fitness balls for use as projectiles on a trebuchet. I've hurled these balls dozens of times, and none of them have suffered as much as a scratch. Their durablity is pretty impressive considering the balls sail 500 feet into the woods. I can't imagine anyone would have any problems with these balls when used for their intended purpose.

It's obviously my fault for not realizing what 5" diameter means, but I was surprised to find this quite a bit smaller than I was expecting. This actually ended up okay (once I bought a medicine ball that was closer in size to what I was visualizing) because certain lifts work better with a small ball, especially one that be gripped with one hand.



The ball does need a tiny bit of air pumped in before use (a needle is provided in the packaging), but it is a little annoying to have the inner volume be 80% sand, 20% air, which you can definitely feel.



This is a very simple product and, paraphrasing the immortal Dennis Green, "it is what we thought it was" (just make sure you think it's a 5" ball).

Bought two of these to use with Leslie Sansone's "Walk away the pounds" DVD program. Works perfectly. I put a little baby powder on the balls to reduce the "plastic," sticky feel, and they are easier to hold and use than dumbbells. May be too large for small hands, but they fit mine great. Good quality materials and bright yellow color.

Perfect size to juggle with. Bought 3 to work with. It is quite a workout keeping these ball going. Have dropped them many times now...no damage to the balls themselves. 2 lbs is too light for me now so will purchase three 4 lb balls soon.

This is a weighed fitness ball, but very deceptive by what you see. The ball is small - about the size of a cantalope - and full of sand for the weight. It is slippery rubber on the outside so you can't use it for certain exercises because it can slip out of your hand. We were very unhappy with the product.

I've owned this item for about two weeks and used it four times within this period. My disappointment is partially my own fault. I was actually looking for medicine ball when I ordered this and didn't realize that a "fitness ball" is not quite the same thing. BUT--for the price and purpose of my purchase, it fits my need. The fitness ball is much smaller/compact than a typical medicine ball that you would find in a gym. What I've learned is that with regard to size: medicine ball=basketball size; fitness ball=grapefruit size. Again-for the most part I can still use it for resistance in core strengthening. The item itself has a nice rubber coating around it for comfort in the hands, but can be a little slippery once you start sweating. This makes the textured surface and/or dual grips of a medicine ball advantageous. Also--the item can lose its round 'sphere-like' shape. It appears to be filled with a dense sand or powder-like material and can get lumpy, from my experience. If I had known what I know today, I wouldn't have purchased this item. Rather, I would have spent the extra $15-20 for Dual-Grip Medicine Ball by Spri or Body-Solid. As it stands today, I will most likely keep this one until I buy the Body-Solid alternative, as my research (and use of both above mentioned dual-grip medicine balls), leads me to believe that Body-Solid provides better quality/cost options. Thank you and hope this helps in your search! - Fitness - Medicine Ball - Fitness Ball - Core Training Ball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information