Tuesday 30 November 2010

Maternity Fashion - maternity band, bella band


These are a must-have for anyone looking to save money on maternity clothes. I work at a school and wear dress pants or khakis each day and didn't want to buy a whole new wardrobe. I wear all my pants completely unbuttoned and unzipped and nobody can tell because the bands hide my skin and hold my pants up. I wear mine almost every day - under sweaters, collared shirts, etc. I was a size 6-8 pre-preg and the size 2 bands fit well. Just be aware that the bands are very long and you will have to fold them over at first. This isn't a problem unless you wear tighter shirts that show the fold line above your navel.



Follow-up: I wore these belly bands during my pregnancy from months 3-6: while my old clothes were too small and maternity wear was too big. Now that the baby is here and I'm preparing to return to work, I'm once again turning to these bands. I've got a little pooch that prevents my pre-preg pants from buttoning and will be using these until I can work off the baby weight. I never had to purchase transitional clothes. Baby Be Mine Maternity Belly Band 2 Pack (Size 2 (Pre Pregn. Size 6-12))

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and can still (kind of ) fit in my pre-pregnancy pants. This really helps! Good bye safety pins and elastic bands. The bands hold your pants up and fitting. Very comfortable soft cotton. My only complaint, the white came in a little bigger than the black (the correct size, just kind of stretched out) when I wash it, I'm sure it will shrink a little. I'm glad I got the 2 colors, they look like camis or tees under your shirts.

Good price too.

This is just as good as the Bella band except a better price (I can't tell a difference and I have purchased both). I would say if you are a size 0 or 1 to begin with, that you will have to wait till your a little bigger to actually use it to hold up your pants, but still works great to make your shirts longer. I love this product.

I love this product. (I actually prefer this brand over the more-expensive Bella Band because my white Bella Band is kinda see-through, and that is NOT what you want when you're using it to try to hide the fact that your pants are unbuttoned. This one is more opaque than the Bella Band, so that's great.)

I like it a lot. I like how long it is; that gives a lot more options. I wear it folded over in half right now, and will probably unfold it as my bump gets bigger. (Bella Band is not long enough to fold, so you can't wear theirs doubled over.)

My only complaint is that the sizes seem way off. I wore 14's (tight) or 16's (loose) pre-pregnancy. I saw someone else's review about the sizes being off, so I ordered the size 4. It fits just right. I would not want it any snugger.

To someone who complained about it being too warm, well, it is an extra piece of clothing. Kind of like wearing an extra layer of thick snug t-shirt on your belly. And also your pregnancy makes you feel a lot warmer. (I would not want a belly band made out of mesh. I think that would sort of defeat the purpose, since I'm using it to cover my unzipped pants.)

Great product, thanks for making it.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm stalled out - at the point where my pants need to be unbuttoned, but I'm still too little for maternity pants. These cover the unbuttoned pants and just look like a cami under your other shirt. The best way to wear it: put it on inside out over your waist, then pull your pants up over the lower half of it, zip them up as far as you want, then fold the rest of the band over the waist of the pants. I'm been wearing them since week 12 - I'm at week 16 now - these are perfect for early pregnancy.

My employer requires I wear a uniform, but the uniform company does not have maternity pants. So, in order to avoid buying maternity pants until I absolutely had to, I decided to try Belly Bands to wear over my unbuttoned uniform pants. They are basically an overpriced tube of fabric. I found myself constantly adjusting the band throughout the day, as it would shift all around and slide up above the waistline of my pants in the back every time I sat down. I did learn that it worked better to put the Belly Band on first, stretch it from my hips up to my chest, the put on the pants and fold the top of the band over the pants. This worked for a while, but I was still constantly adjusting. Not to mention that it was a hassle to redo the whole set up every time I had to use the restroom! And when you are pregnant, that is very often! Eventually I broke down and bought maternity pants for work, and I am SO much more comfortable. I even got my employer to reimburse me for the maternity pants! I did wear the Belly Band a couple of times outside of work for more coverage under a shirt that was too short. I still have a few months to go, but I probably wont get my moneys worth out of the Belly Bands. I guess after I get my figure back, I could use them as a tube top or miniskirt!!

I'm back making my third purchase of these belly bands. I bought my wife one several weeks ago, and she absolutely loved it. A couple weeks later, I bought her one in the paisley print. She's so impressed with them, she wanted to get this 2-pack with the black and white ones as well, so she's got a variety of fashionable belly bands to choose from, every day. They make her feel great about the way she looks as she progresses through our first pregnancy. We're so grateful for such a terrific product. Thanks again Baby-Be-Mine, from a very happy Mommy (and Daddy) to be.

I am so pleased with this purchase...I wear one almost daily! It really helps to stretch the pre-maternity wardrobe, or just to give that extra coverage with shorter tops. I'm still wearing many of my normal pants & jeans, with the help of a rubber band through the button hole and a belly band!

Pre-pregnancy, I was a size 12, I also was gaining weight a little on the fast side (I didn't know I would be so STARVING all the time!). I wasn't sure whether to order a size 2 or 3, but was worried about being hot, so went with the size 3. The sizing has felt very comfortable to me, not too loose, and not too snug. I have been very pleased with the product, I've had it about 7 weeks now, holding up to washings and letting me wear my pre-pregnancy clothes for longer. I am 20 weeks now and still utilizing the belly bands and (previously loose fitting)regular shirts and pants. I expect in the next few weeks to have to commit to maternity clothes, but I plan on wearing these after delivery when I expect to be back in the loose fitting clothes and out of maternity clothes. I think the cloth of the bands is comfortable, and for the two pack, well worth it. - Maternity Band - Maternity - Bella Band - Gifts For Pregnant Women'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information