Monday 29 November 2010

Good Price - unlocked cell phones, wireless


Before I bought this phone I spent HOURS researching smart phone and this one had 9 of 11 things I was looking for in a NEAR PERFECT phone. The good is shown below and the bad.



Good:-



1. Lightweight phone, comfortable to carry and hold in my hand - I give a PLUS ONE STAR! I detest a large and bulky phone.

2. A 3.5 jack for standard earphones! Reason that I bought this phone - I give a PLUS ONE STAR!

3. Touchscreen works great - I give a PLUS ONE STAR!

4. Easy to connect to Wi-Fi - I give a PLUS ONE STAR!

5. Internet browser is easy to zoom into, just press your finger down to enlarge the screen - I give a PLUS ONE STAR!

6. Unlocked and NO CONTRACT (I use home WiFi and local WiFi hotspots for Internet browsing) saves me money - I give a PLUS ONE and a HALF STARS!

7. Accepts up to 16gb SD Card - I give a PLUS ONE STAR!

8. FM radio and the radio records music - I give a PLUS ONE STAR!

9. Low cost smart phone compared to other smart phones with these features.

10. LONG BATTERY LIFE--I get 4 days as I turn off WiFi when I am not using Internet!



Bad:-



1. No QWERTY Keyboard. (After practicing the keyboard is easy to use and I am getting more and more used to it).A MINUS ONE STAR FOR THIS!

2. Samsung's own proprietary operating system- I prefer Windows OS or Android, this OS on this phone is so different! A MINUS ONE STAR FOR THIS!

3. Because this phone is unlocked there are NO Internet or MMS settings (picture and multimedia messaging) and must be placed into the phone MANUALLY. It took me over 3 hours to find the settings in forums and type each setting into the phone, however, I was able to set up the phone for both MMS and Internet. The WiFi set up in just one minute with no problem, however! A MINUS ONE STAR FOR THIS!

4. Setting up email accounts is very tricky, but can be done, however, I had to research on the internet the POP3 and IMAP settings and try several times to get this to work. A MINUS ONE STAR FOR THIS!



****Total Stars I Give To This Phone: 5 STARS because of all the pros and long battery life.



FINAL NOTE: I highly recommend this phone to the person who is VERY tech savvy and can tweak the settings on the phone and manually place the settings for INTERNET and MMS, then I will suggest the phone be a YES YES for you! However, if you are not a tech savvy person or don't want the hassle of manually doing these settings, I would suggest that this phone should be a NO GO for you. By the way, if this helps, I use T-Mobile and went to the T-Mobile forums on how to set-up a NON T-MOBILE phone for MMS and INTERNET and found the settings there. I had to try THREE times to get it just right on both, but now the INTERNET and MMS work great on my phone. If you need the settings for AT&T, there are probably forums on their website as well. Also, you can also call either carrier and sometimes they can send you the settings to your phone to get the INTERNET and MMS. Remember anytime you buy ANY kind of unlocked phone, it will need the INTERNET and MMS Settings put in manually or have the carrier send BOTH settings to your phone. Samsung S5620 Monte Unlocked Quad-Band GSM Phone with 3 MP Camera, Wi-Fi, gps navigation, E-Mail, Stereo Bluetooth--International Version With Warranty (Black)

My Nokia POS phone starting giving up the ghost and I was faced with either signing up for another two year contract to get a reasonable price or pay through the nose for a non-contract price.



After doing some research, I settled on the S5620 Monte. When it arrived, I popped in my SIM card and voila! Well, whatever the Portuguese word for voila is. The language was set to Portuguese and I had to fumble my way through the menus trying to find what I thought was a menu option. After fumbling for about 10 minutes, I had it switched to English and was off.



This is a great little phone for a couple bills. I don't have to sign up for the contract, and I can kiss off AT&T and go to T-Mobile if it suits my fancy.



The WiFi is awesome. It's sad that US carriers can get away with forcing defeatured phones down our throats and force us into outrageous data plans. Since I live in Mountain View, I get free WiFi within the city from Google, so I don't have too much of a need for a data plan when I can use the built in WiFi.



The camera takes great pictures at 3.2 megapixels. Video quality is good as well with a decent frame rate, but not the highest resolution (QVGA). Good enough for YouTube or Facebook.



Voice quality is not the best. Also, I had to go to the UK for a case that conforms to the phone design. It also doesn't have a Qwerty keyboard input for texting. A couple small sacrifices for a smart phone without a contract, a steep price or a monthly gouging.



Very happy with this phone. - Unlocked Cell Phones - Good Price - Quality - Wireless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information