Monday 29 November 2010

Excellent Value - cat5, belkin


I purchased these patch cables with the understanding these were FACTORY TERMINATED patch cables from Belkin. The ad picture even shows a picture of a REAL Belkin cable, with factory terminated RJ45's.



What I received was some Belkin cable with a HAND TERMINATED RJ45! If I wanted this, I could have made myself. I don't believe just because Belkin cable is used, this can be called a "Belkin Patch Cable".



The cost was cheap and I need the cables yesterday, so I had to use them. Not worth the effort and time to return. So far, no problems, but I won't buy these again and recommend others don't. But I worry about the cables being used in production. It's an unnecessary risk that will surely cause a service call later. Belkin A3L791B10 CAT5E Patch Cable (10 feet)

It is manually terminated with Cat 5E Belkin cable, nothing more!

I would not recommend this purchase because of the quality and integrity of the cable.

The picture of the cable is not what I got from Amazon!

My patch cable came in a small plastic bag, and is also hand-terminated. The picture for this item is somewhat deceptive, as there are no rubber grips, it uses just standard RJ45 connectors.



However, the cable functions properly, and appears to have been terminated by someone who knows how to do it (it looks much better than cables I've terminated myself).



Overall, it was cheap and it works - being hand-terminated is not a problem for me, although it should be stated somewhere on this page that they are hand-terminated.

The cable I purchased is not the one pictured, and I can tell you why. It

is a 'bulk' style cable made by Belkin (I checked the UPC registry), NOT

the PRO Series pictured with the strain relief.

The PRO Series from Belkin has the strain relief, model numbers ending in

-S, e.g. A3L791-25-S purchased from Amazon. Be aware of this, I see other

reviewers complained also. The FastCAT 5e series also has strain relief,

e.g. part #A3L850-07KS-MOD. The 'S' in the part # means strain relief as

part of the manufacture. Look for this when buying Belden cables and you

won't feel deceived or burned by the seller, unless they ship the wrong

part number to you. In this case make sure what you're buying first. Even

so I had no problem using these bulk style cables.

I purchased these patch cables with the understanding these were FACTORY TERMINATED patch cables from Belkin. The ad picture even shows a picture of a REAL Belkin cable, with factory terminated RJ45's.



What I received was some Belkin cable with a HAND TERMINATED RJ45! If I wanted this, I could have made myself. I don't believe just because Belkin cable is used, this can be called a "Belkin Patch Cable".



They are cheap. I didn't like them and I'm not using these cables anymore.

I wanted to expand my ethernet network to include a second computer in a remote office. With only one cable going to this location I needed a switch and two more cables.



These cables have a very low price, and the length assured me the needed flexibility in locating the equipment in the room. I installed the switch, attached the computers with two of these cables and was back in business.



The cables are doing a great job and everything is working as it should.

As others have written, the cables are hand-terminated cables using Belkin cables, not Belkin factory-termnated cables. As such, the connections are weaker, and my cable failed after less than a week of light use - the jacket pulled out of the RJ45 connector, and some of the twisted pair connections have been intermittent since it arrived. I have to jiggle the cable just right for my computer to get a link.



This was a waste of money. Pay a little more and get a cable that actually works.

The picture shows molded connectors, but the actual cable has hand crimped connectors that are much less reliable. Since Amazon ships and sells this product, they should take responsibility for changing the picture to match the item. - Cat5 - Belkin - Cable - Ethernet Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information