Monday 29 November 2010

Interior Design - chronicle books, design


It's obvious that this original and vibrant book was designed with great craft and care to be useful to the apartment dweller or home-owner who is looking for direction on where to begin in decorating their space. The following styles are highlighted: simple, natural, modern, flea-market, colorful, floral, eclectic and modern glamour style. There are helpful guidelines in how to create each of these styles in a home. In "Attention to Detail" you'll see accessorizing tips for mirrors, lighting, pillows, flowers and table settings.



The styles represented are fresh and vibrant; this book should appeal to folks who like modern, vintage, flea-market, DIY, urban, retro, cottage, rural, industrial, bohemian, global, mid-century, heirloom, Apartment Therapy, eclectic and any variation on these themes. These are real homes in which you can easily imagine folks living. It is fun to see designers Jonathan Adler & Simon Doonan's home and Vicente Wolf's loft in the mix. If you've ever wondered how one-room living and sleeping would be, Liz Bauer's NYC studio apartment in this book (and Billy Baldwin's from another book) are convincing that you can have a bed in your living room and still look stylish! Loved her space.



This book exceeded my expectations--didn't really know what to expect regarding how 1000 quality design ideas would fit in one book--and think it will be especially valuable to those who want their home to express them and their personal vision of a lively, lovable and livable space. Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home

Decorate:1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home, by Holly Beckerand Joanna Copestick,is filled with great tips from the top designers. That said, it is still accessible for the layman and is a very insprational--and beautiful--read.



The book is divided into sections:

Space Matters: working with the space you have to create rooms that work and flow

Seeking your style: helps you to determine what style is best for you

Room by room: gorgeous pictures of different rooms and how to maximize the look

Attention to detail: how little details make a big difference



As a designer, I always check out new books on interior design. I was very impressed with how this book is filled with great tips and ideas and is accessible to all--not intimidating as many design books can be.



I highly recommend Decorate and would like to recommend another book that I often give my clients: HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT: BEAUTIFY, DETOXIFY & ENERGIZE YOUR LIFE, YOUR HOME AND YOUR PLANET for more tips on how to create the home of your dreams.

I won't lie. I buy a LOT of books. Home Decor books are a favorite. This one has earned a spot on my coffee table (a spot I reserve for the best of the best). Buy it. Read it. Absorb the ideas. I think you'll love it. I know I did. :)

If you like Elle Decor or House Beautiful magazines you will LOVE this book! Excellent coffee table book, heavy too! Styles range from eclectic, quirky to modern with a tiny splash of Country Living added in. I think the Million Dollar Decorators would approve of this book. You eye won't know where to look first, every page is great, I cannot say enough of this book. Loads of ideas for your normal person to flea market person. I have the House Beautiful coffee table books and this is unlike it so it's worth the purchase, no duplication of ideas here. I would compare this book to the Lonny Magazine website as they are similar styles - Buy it, you won't be sorry.



p.s. Holly & Joanna, please start another book as I'm a forever follower after this book.

I really enjoyed this book. I read a lot of design books and magazines each month and this one set a different tone. I think it's a fantastic resource for the home owner who wants to transform their space. The thoughtful layout out helps walk you through the basics of starting a project; planning your space, understanding the architecture of the room, room-by-room examples and ideas, and attention to details. It's filled with creative ideas that make you re-think what you already own, shop the high end stores and plan a trip to the flea market and even look to your own garden for ideas. The directory in the back of the book gives pages of design resources and products to help guide your project and the beautiful photography and inspirational quotes throughout the book were a nice treat.

This book is simply beautiful. Amazing. Inspiring. And yet, nothing seems out of reach, out of the relm of something that I could do. Besides the wonderful photography, there are great tips, ideas and quotes. Do not mistake this as simply a book of beautiful photographs. I particularly enjoy the floor plans for some of the spaces. I find it easier to visualize the room and acutal layout of furniture and see if any or all would apply to MY space.

Having finally got around to redesigning parts of my house, I decided to purchases some books to give me some ideas. I found this book to contain many good samples of design! It even allowed me to determine what style best suited me!

This book is a wonderful source of inspiration, ideas and styles. It is very informative and covers every aspect of interior design from cushions to bed skirts to kitchen and bathroom units. It is written very well and laid out in an easy to follow style. If you are about to decorate and aren't sure what style you like, buy this book, it will help. I recommend this to anyone who needs ideas. I have nothing negative to say about it. Buy it. - Home Decor - Chronicle Books - Home Decoration - Design'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information