Monday 29 November 2010

Hanes - hanes, ankle socks


After reading the reviews of the various low-cut white socks available on Amazon, I decided to try these Hanes, as it appeared that they were the best of a bad lot. They're not really terrible or anything, but they are thin and flimsy (and they look it, so you're not going to win any style points in them). They also tend to make my feet get hot, particularly under my heels. I don't know if this is because they're so thin that they don't insulate my skin from the shoe or because there's something excessively plastic about the fabric. As for the size, they seem to run a bit big: I wear a size 10 men's shoe, but these socks bulge out at the heel around my Achilles tendon--not a good look. Hanes Men's 6 pack cushion low cut sock, White, 6-12

These are of a terrible quality. They are thin and the only "cushion" in these socks comes from the imaginations of the folks who write the description of this product. The size range is impossible...no sock can fit from a 6 to 12 size foot and this sock proves that statement. This is the least of the three low cut socks I have ordered in the past three weeks or so. Choose any sock other than these, or perhaps not any from Hanes.

I have a size 9.5-10 shoe and I commonly wear socks that say size 9-11. These say size 6-12. When I got them and put them on, they were so big that the grey area where the heal is supposed to be is up at my ankle. That is not right.



Washing/drying them did not change the size to yield an improvement



If someone is actually a size 6-9, these things are going to go up way high.



The only good thing is that the socks are very thin, which is what I wanted for a hot climate.



Still the sizing is not honest and so this product should be avoided unless you are genuinely size 11-12

Highly recommended!



I really like these socks. Great price. Comfortable! I have tried some "cheap" ones and they never seem to fit right around the toes -- there's part that sticks out at the sides -- and rubs against the shoe. These don't do that. They fit great.

These socks are way too large for my 9.5 - 10 feet. If I pull them all the way up, they seem like crew socks but with the gray heel patch right above my ankle. I washed them twice but they don't seem to shrink at all. That said, they are not uncomfortable to wear but the fabric feels a bit coarse compared to other socks I own.

This is the first time i have bought a Hanes product and i am disappointed at the quailty of the socks. They do not stay firmly on the foot and move around a lot during exercise leading to blisters. I will be happy to spend a few dollars extra in future.

These are functional, adequately comfy, affordable socks. They aren't that thick though, so they aren't as comfy as other brands and they won't last as long -- but that's what you get for the price. If you want more comfy socks, you'd have to pay around twice as more. For them, they do the job, and if I need thicker socks (e.g., for running), I use my socks of a different brand. - Hanes - Ankle Socks - Athletic Socks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information