Tuesday 30 November 2010

Earbuds - earphones, jlab


These were my fourth pair of earbuds and the most impressive I've owned. The wiring and connections are solid and reinforced. I've replaced earbuds when the wiring breaks or the sound volume becomes unequal.



I'm hard on earbuds. My workday starts late in the morning and lasts until late in the evening. I need to still be asleep when the gardeners come with their leaf blowers and weed whackers. Earbuds serve a dual purpose: they keep sound out and give me pleasant sounds to sleep by. Being a bit of an insomniac, my MP3 player helps me to fall asleep each night as well. This is tough on earphones.



I'm impressed with the construction of these buds. Stress points are well reinforced and unlikely to fail. But ruggedness isn't the primary reason for buying phones ... sound quality is.



These are second to none when it comes to sound quality. Bass is solid with no distortion. The midrange and highs are crisp and clear. I've listened to everything from hip-hop to classical and they have provided a superior listening experience.



The worst feature of these phones is that they have a straight plug into the media player instead of an angled plug. This makes it easier to accidently unplug the phones. At worst, a minor drawback. Also, the barrel of the buds is a bid longer than others. At first I thought this would be a problem with lying on a pillow, but it hasn't disturbed me at all.



These utterly dominate all the other earbuds I've owned, both in terms of construction quality and in terms of sound. Buy a pair with confidence - you can't go wrong. JBuds J2 Premium Hi-FI Noise Isolating Earbuds (Pink Martini)

I bought some earphones not too long ago from Radio Shack. They were the kind you press into the ear. They were awful. The sound was bad and they wouldn't stay in the ear at all.

The jbud j2 are also a kind that you press into the ear (stay in pretty well you you give them a small twist when inserting instead of just pushing them in.) It made me a little nervous, but the price wasn't bad and the reviews were all good, so, I decided to go ahead with the purchase. Amazon got them to me in less than a week and packaged them well.

The sound quality is very good. Some of my classic piano concertos just come to life with these.



The dynamic range may be a little too good. I like to listen to music before I go to bed and I would use the Samsung earphones that came with my player, and by the way they are very good for being the included earphones. Since it's right before bedtime, I'll turn my player's volume down to 2 or 3 (out of 30). The J2s when turned down that low on volume, the higher frequencies I can't hear like I could with the "cheap" earphones. Perhaps it's my hearing. This really isn't a complaint because when I turn the volume up to say 10, It (J2s) sounds fantastic.



The construction seems pretty good, but only time will tell for sure.



The noise canceling part of the earphones also works very well, if that's what you like. The Samsung earphones you could hear other people talking just fine and still listen to the music. J2's you cannot. That can be good or bad depending on the situation.



I may get another set for my son.

They are good,

Bryce

So I've ordered the Jbuds J-2 in Lambo Yellow on the day before Thanksgiving, and I got them earlier this past week. I've also tried three other sets of noise-isolating earbuds, namely the Creative EP-630 In-Ear Headphones, the V-MODA Bass Freq Earbuds - Bling Bling Black, and the JVC HAFX33A Marshmallow In-Ear Stereo Headphones (Blue). I'm trying to find a good set of noise-isolating earphones to use on a day-long bus trip I'm taking next month, and have tested them while studying in a laundromat (lots of noisy washers and dryers; my laundromat has study tables and wi-fi). Overall, I have liked the Jbuds J2 the best; here's my opinion on all four:



--The JVC Marshmallows had the worst sound quality of all four. They didn't sound very realistic, they were very tinny. I threw them out.



--The Creative earbuds produced very good sound quality, BUT the cord microphonics were too much (the cord was very rubbery, and you could hear it even with the slightest bump, so it was useless to walk with). I'm giving them away to someone else.



--The V-Moda earbuds also have very good sound quality, very little cord microphonics, and may very well have the best noise-isolation of all four; however, I felt they may have been a bit TOO bassy. This gives me somewhat of a headache when listening to something like Star People, so I don't use it for normal listening. But it may be the best option for the bus or laundromat.



--Overall, the Jbuds J2 have virtually no cord microphonics, and very good noise isolation (though slightly less than the V-Moda). Not too much bass, very balanced and the most realistic sound of all four that I've tried. They attenuate noise very well, but the V-Modas are very slightly better at that (which is why I'm giving these 4 stars instead of five).



So overall, if you like lots of bass, go with V-Moda; if you like the best balanced sound quality, go with these. But overall, I think that these are the best all-around. - Jlab - Earphones - Headphones - Ipod Earbuds'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information